Need Help, Please...How Do I Find A Puppy? PuppyFind? Online?

i agree with rescuing an older dog. i dont mean to offend, but even at 2 1/2 months, puppys are EXTREMELY active and require a lot of attention. its like having a baby in the house. if you are too ill to take proper care of it, its really not fair to the pup. be patient and keep looking. the right dog will come to you. it worked for me (FINALLY got my first dog on friday) and ive never been happier :love:

HAve you tried contacting the AKC parent club for Brussels Griffon> Gogle somnething like "Brussels Griffon Club of America", and also google B.G. Club of (insert your state here). These clubs usually have breeder referrals and even club rescue for their breed.

Good luck in your search!

Please don't buy your puppy at puppyfind.com

The majority of pups on there are from backyard breeders and puppymills, and no reputable breeder I have ever met would EVER post their dogs on that site, let alone sell a dog without meeting the people first and furthermore they would never ship a dog (let alone a puppy!)

Petfinder.org is a totally different place where you can rescue dogs.

I went through a similar situation looking for a particular breed. I searched for about half a year on sites such as petfinder.com and could not find a rescue that would allow me to adopt a shiba without a fenced yard or without being home ALL day. That, and many of the pups on petfinder under the shiba inu breed are mixed and really don't carry the features that had initially drawn me to the breed.
I understand how frustrating it is. After months of searching, I found a good breeder. I visited him at his home, saw all his dogs and met my puppy (who was also the last of his litter).
Coincidently, like you I had been drawn to two of the other pups in the litter of four. All three of the others, including the two I had liked initially were sold during the same day. (Shiba inus are not an easy breed to find, and go fast, so I understand how you feel about Brussels.) But the second I saw and held the pup, it didn't even matter that he was the last one, and that he didn't look just like the ones I had wanted at first. He was perfect!
It's definitely important that you meet the breeders and the puppy before you decide. I hope that they work things out with you and you get the puppy you've been searching for, even if his face is a little darker than the one you wanted
:smile:

i agree with rescuing an older dog. i dont mean to offend, but even at 2 1/2 months, puppys are EXTREMELY active and require a lot of attention. its like having a baby in the house. if you are too ill to take proper care of it, its really not fair to the pup. be patient and keep looking. the right dog will come to you. it worked for me (FINALLY got my first dog on friday) and ive never been happier :love:

ITA. I fostered a puppy over the weekend for an adoption event, and I forgot how much work they are! LOL:smile: