Need help out - Chanel Patent leather problem

xgirl88

Jul 20, 2010
Hello. I have a medium Chanel Patent Leather Flap Bag in Black color. When trying o clean it, I use the Coach Leasing Lotion on it and it ruin the leather. Some parts are ruin (look dull). I brought it to Chanel Store for repair but they said they can't do anything because it's patent leather. Any one can help me where it can be fix ?

Thanks.

You're not supposed to put anything on patent leather, it will ruin it, and Chanel will not repair it. I have patent bags, and all I use is a paper towel slightly wet with water only.

I am thinking of getting one.
How hard on taking care of patent leather Burberryprncess?

Thank you

I find dark patent leather to be fairly maintenance free. Light colors are more troublesome because you have to worry about ink marks and color transfers from clothes, which are totally unremovable. Best to avoid light color patent unless you are extremely careful. On the other hand, dark color patents show fingerprint marks easily.

I find dark patent leather to be fairly maintenance free. Light colors are more troublesome because you have to worry about ink marks and color transfers from clothes, which are totally unremovable. Best to avoid light color patent unless you are extremely careful. On the other hand, dark color patents show fingerprint marks easily.
Am extremely careful with my stuffs....but will pass because I do not want to wipe off every second to make it shiny.

time for reissue ones :P

Thank you so much for your input !

I have patent bags and my only issue is fingerprints. I just wipe them down with the cloth that came with my sunglasses and they are good as new. And, I do not completely baby my bags since I have 2 year old twins who touch them and I wear the bags to playgrounds, etc.

Jennifer

Patent leather is quite easy to take care of I think. Especially since you can just wipe them down after using them. I have a rock & chain black patent flap and it is so maintenance free. They get smudged here and there but it isn't a big deal.. a wipe down will clean it right up.

Sophie, so is OP's bag ruined forever then? There is nothing she can do now that she used the cleansing lotion on it???? I feel so bad for her....:crybaby:

I am sorry to hear that, OP. I am afraid patent leather can rarely be rescued. Try loving my bags to see if they are able to assist.

I love patent leather but I have very few patent leather bags, because with time, they get sticky and are also proned (sp?) to colour transfer. Chanel uses good quality patent leather but there's no escaping from the above problems as time goes by.