Need help on SMALL Classic Chanel Flap Bag

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi everyone! I've just purchased an East West over the telephone as my nearest Chanel boutique is miles away. However, I'm starting to have doubts as I prefer the double chain strap, so I'm thinking I might exchange it for the small or medium flap. However, I have never see a small classic. Does anyone have any pics and preferably of them wearing the bag so I can see the size. Does it look exactly like the medium but a tad smaller? I'm not sure about the medium because it may look too big on my tiny frame and I don't like the look of the larger flaps. Please help! Many thanks.

Sounds like you're in a panic. I have 2 e/w purses and I love them. They are light as a feather and because they are longer than taller, they fit the same amount as a medium classic. It does not have the double flap, which doesn't bother me but it adds weight to the bag as well as support. The only thing I miss is the little pocket on the back of the bag that I tend to put receipts in, which I empty when I get home. Wait until the bag arrives before deciding you don't want it. I'll eat this messge if you don't like it. You know you can shorted the chain too, which you can't do on the medium/large, mini, or jumbos. There was a post about how that's done with pictures included.
Please post pics of you and your e/w when it arrives!!!

I prefer the east west to the "small classic flap". Small classic flap is the 9" bag. I like the 10" Medium classic flap though and find it holds about the same as the east west. I like that the east west has an adjustable chain and has a modern look to it.

Thank you for your advice, both of you. I guess I will just wait until the E/W arrives and then make my decision, but I think I'm pretty convinced that I want a small or medium classic because I prefer the double chain strap. Does anyone have a pic of a small classic? I have seen a pic of someone wearing a medium and it looked a bit too big for what I wanted because I am tiny. I quite like this size (see link below), but don't know if it's small or medium.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Hm, its hard to tell what size Mischa has on. The small and medium are only 1" different so its not easy to determine. I think you cant go wrong with small or medium if you like the double chain.

But I just can't decide between the small and medium! I'm scared of making the wrong decision!! I am very petite and don't want the bag to look too big because I think the structured style looks odd on me if it's too big, it looks boxy. But then I don't want to end up with a bag too small to hold anything. I really need a bag that can be used day and evening but am worried the medium will look too big, but then is the small too small?!! Sorry guys, I am sounding like a head case!

How petite are you? The measurements for the small are 9" x 5.5" x 2" and the medium is 10" x 6" x 2.5". Maybe you could cut out some paper to 9" x 5" and 10" x 6", and stand in front of a mirror to at least see the length and height of each.

Hi Mikan, this is a good idea, I already did this but it's hard to tell when you don't have an actual bag shape!! I am 5ft 3inch and a dress size US 2 (UK 6). What does everyone think is best for a day/evening bag for someone my height and size? Small or medium classic?

I am 5ft 3.75in and US 2/4 so we are pretty close. I debated between the small and medium for a long time in the store, trying both on over and over.

I thought the small was really cute and perfect for me now, but I ended up getting the medium. I felt I would eventually "outgrow" the small since it gives off a younger vibe, while the medium would truly last me a lifetime. Since I'm not sure if I will be buying any more Chanels, I decided the medium was the better choice.

I posted some pics of me with my medium in this thread

I really don't think you can go wrong with either though!

Mikan, thank you, the bag looks great on you! Is this the size that is 10 inches? I just rang Chanel and they told me that the 10 inch one is the large size and the medium is 9 inches. What is the length in inches of yours?

Hi honeybunch... I have an e/w bag and it has a double chain. Some do and some do not. I also have the med/lrg flap and I'm 5'0" and its not too big at all. I love them both! If u can find e/w with double chain, I would go 4 that. I think small flap maybe too small IMO.

Yes, the medium/large is the 10 inch one.

In defense of the e/w the chain, since it is single, is a featherweight. Even without shortening the chain, I can grab the bag by the top and hold it like a clutch. The medium because of the double chain and the inner flap is going to be heavier.

As for size in relation to your petite frame, the medium, the small, or the e/w will look fab on you. I know a lot of folks here are petite and carry the jumbo and would stone me when I say it's a bit proportionally out of whack looking not even to mention the weight of those chains after a while. I changed a white jumbo for a medium. The white jumbo looked as though I was wearing an "eat at Joe's" sign sans the writing. (I'm 5'9.)

Wait and see what you think of the little cutie e/w before regretting it. What color is it? If it's red, I'll take it in a heartbeat!!!