Need help on Monitoring software suggestion to monitor kids chatting on internet!!!!

akemibabe

As You Wish
O.G.
Sep 3, 2007
Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some valuable information / suggestion from everyone here since I am not quite sure what to do.
I went to visit my aunt over the weekend and found out my 9 year old cousin not only was playing games on the internet, but also chatting with others that were also playing the game at the same time. I took a look at some of the profiles and they are OLD people (range from 2x to 4x). The games he plays are for his age....
My aunt had already talked to him about NO talking to people on the internet, but you know how kids are, when the parents are not looking they are doing it. He was arguing with her that he was not telling them “anything” (yeah right!!!!).

My aunt and uncle is not exactly computer savvy, so I told them I’ll see if I can find some information on if there are any software out there that tracks and monitor the chatting, surfing, etc on the computer.

Any suggestions???? :shrugs: Thanks for all the help.

DlkinVegas

O.G.
Jul 24, 2006
Is the computer in the family room or is it in the child's bedroom? If it is in the bedroom first thing I would have them do is take it out of there. There are several filter programs like K9 Web protection, Netnanny etc. they can try out.

akemibabe

As You Wish
O.G.
Sep 3, 2007
They moved the computer to the living room now, he is not allow to have the computer in his bedroom anymore.
Thanks for the information, i'll check it out.