NEED HELP! my birthday is on tues! $175 on what?!

newaddiction

Sep 30, 2006
My friend is giving me $175 to spend on whatever I want...
My choices can be the following:

1. Put her money towards something more expensive.

2. Get something from Tiffanys.

3. A designer accessory, im thinking something like: Marc Jacobs clutch (luxy leather) or Coach, or maybe a LV off ebay.

What would you do?
Sorry, I should probably add that im turning 17 on tuesday! Any help would be greatly appreciated!. You can add any ideas to the following!

I appreciate this ladies, and gents!:heart::heart:

First of all, happy early birthday! I hope your birthday is fabulous.

Second of all, if I were in your situation and faced with those options, I would probably hold onto the money and save it up for something else. I'm more of a "purse" person than a wallet/clutch (unless it's for special occassions at night), and even then, I prefer a small purse so I can fit in something more than just cash, so I would probably save it up and wait until I spot something absolutely gorgeous that I must have. But that is my own opinion! If you love love love those clutches/that pendant (which, by the way, is so simple and classy), then I totally say go for it!

IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! Do what YOU want :smile:

First of all, happy early birthday! I hope your birthday is fabulous.

Second of all, if I were in your situation and faced with those options, I would probably hold onto the money and save it up for something else. I'm more of a "purse" person than a wallet/clutch (unless it's for special occassions at night), and even then, I prefer a small purse so I can fit in something more than just cash, so I would probably save it up and wait until I spot something absolutely gorgeous that I must have. But that is my own opinion! If you love love love those clutches/that pendant (which, by the way, is so simple and classy), then I totally say go for it!

IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! Do what YOU want :smile:

ahha thankyou!. I cant wait haha, yes I totally agree, im pretty much strung between the Tiffany necklace, and putting the money towards a bag bag. Thanks so much for your help!:yes:

I agree... stay away from ebay! If it's new it will probably be a fake, if it's used it will be worn/show wear.

How about this marc by marc pouch? eLUXURY - Marc by Marc Jacobs - Eyelet Wristlet

It's only 128, so you could use the rest to get yourself a Juicy starter bracelet or charm.

Oooh thats cute!! I quite like that. Thankyou so much for helping me!! Such lovely people in the PF. Thanks! Good suggestion.

I would go if you wanted from tiffanys and wanted the heart pendant, theres like this one with a regular chain for like 100 instead of the dog tag chain above. Otherwise I would save up for another bag or get the groom cles.

I agree with aarti. I would prefer the regular chain too. I like the clutch but don't think you would use it enough. If its a clutch you prefer save up!

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day and please post pic's once you decide on your purchase.

I would get something from Tiffany...you'll have it forever and always remember your friend when you wear it! and you can save the rest for something else

My friend is giving me $175 to spend on whatever I want...
My choices can be the following:

1. Put her money towards something more expensive.

2. Get something from Tiffanys.

3. A designer accessory, im thinking something like: Marc Jacobs clutch (luxy leather) or Coach, or maybe a LV off ebay.

What would you do?
Sorry, I should probably add that im turning 17 on tuesday! Any help would be greatly appreciated!. You can add any ideas to the following!

I appreciate this ladies, and gents!:heart::heart:

Happy Birthday Girl. I say something from tiffany...

everybody and their dog has a tiffany silver bracelet so i would get a cles... i prefer suhali but w/e....

lol ur 17! woohhooo almost 18 in a year! im about to start driving...my sweet 16 is in may :biggrin:

ur friend is nice!

my friends give me ALOT but they are very close to me....

If you saved another $25, you could get this funky, chocolate brown, Marc By Marc Jacobs Pouch Pocket Wallet from Net-a-Porter (which would also make a great clutch):

index.jpg

Marc by Marc Jacobs Pouch pocket wallet - NET-A-PORTER.COM

Or, what about this gorgeous Felix Rey Leather Bow Clutch from Neiman Marcus, also for $200? Looks like good value for the quality, to me. :yes:

In black...

NMV8702_ap.jpg

...or gold...

NMV8702_mp.jpg

Felix Rey -  Leather Bow Clutch -  Neiman Marcus

Also, if you fancy something a little different in terms of jewellery, you could afford some of the pieces of designer costume jewellery available. Try eluxury, NAP and Luisa Via Roma. :biggrin: