Need help! LV vs. GST vs. On the road - See PICS

ookidzoo

Dec 6, 2009
Hey, ladies! I am looking for an everyday bag. Something that is durable and will stay looking good for a while (doesn't get dirty too easily).

My choices are:

LV Bellevue GM $1090
Black GST SHW $2350 (with bloomies discount $1880)
Beige GST SHW $2350 (with bloomies $1880, this is new beige 21011, not beige clair/light beige. Don't have pic of new color)
Chanel on the road purple $2395 (bloomies $1916)

Some of my dilemma: I have the black caviar jumbo SHW, would a black gst give me enough variety. Would the beige gst get dirty too easily, especially now with satin lining? Is the on the road "classic" enough to stand the test of time?

I borrowed pics from the internet. If you own any of these bags, let me know what you like/dislike about each. Which do you think I should buy????TIA!!

Attachments

• bellevue.jpg
    bellevue.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 606
  • blackgst2.jpg
    blackgst2.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • beigegst.jpg
    beigegst.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 983
  • ontheroadtote.jpg
    ontheroadtote.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 698
I would go with the on the road! I think it's a really modern take on a chanel bag.

The GST seems too similar to your jumbo and if it's an everydya bag, I would be scared of a beige GST.

Not a fan of that particular LV bag.

I vote for the purple on the road. I mean I love the LV amarante vernis, but don't like the idea of constantly removing fingerprints and getting scratches. I like the look of the GST, but I don't like how it doesn't stay on my shoulder. I think the Chanel on the road is a great combinations of beauty and functionality. Take a look at the review and thread by Kai_415. She wrote an excellent review that might help you decide.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/s-s-2010-road-grey-medium-tote-review-556219.html

Btw, you look fab in your photo!

Last edited:
Something that is durable and will stay looking good for a while (doesn't get dirty too easily
GST black caviar. Although i do love the 21011 beige but it may get dirty. The pic of the beige you have uploaded is not the 21011 beige.

^ I agree!!! The black GST will definitely be a great choice! I also have a black caviar jumbo shw and plan on getting the black GST with shw so I admit I am biased! ;)

I would go for the GST since I like the on the road but really it just could be any other bag-not defined enough as a Chanel style for me. Every time I buy a bag that is not a classic I seem to tire of it within a few times around the block!