Need help!!! Lady b!!

Giules

Mar 6, 2014
Hello fellow H lovers!

I was thinking about purchasing a Lady B in Paris, this week when I will be there. I just have a question..... Does anyone knows how much customs tax I have to pay returning to the US with a new H bag? I just wanted to know if it was worth it getting a bag in the Flagship store in Paris! If anyone knows the percentage that is charged I would really appreciate! Also, if anyone know if its ok for me to bring my own birkin there and coming back to the US, would I be charged for that as well?

Thanks in advance!!!!!:smile:

Why don't you just carry the bag back as handheld luggage and get Hermes to ship the box? You must be able to take your own Birkin there and back as it's your bag, how would they know how many outfit changes you do a day! ;)

Why don't you just carry the bag back as handheld luggage and get Hermes to ship the box? You must be able to take your own Birkin there and back as it's your bag, how would they know how many outfit changes you do a day! ;)

Thank you! I just get so scared. And so many people are telling me different things. I appreciate the help.

Woah! That much.... Thank you!:smile:
That's not bad at all in my experience, usually it's at least 10% and if you have it shipped to the US (don't) you can easily pay 20% - I paid that just in duty this morning on a small leather good I had shipped from Europe.
That said, remember that you are getting 10% VAT refund, so at 10% duty it evens out (which is why it's set up that way).