Need Help - Just Got My Very First Birkin!

Congratulations. Epsom will hold the shape beautifully. I've yet to see a black bag just offered to someone, so if you had held out you would probably have a huge long wait. At least now you can keep looking while holding a BIRKIN ON YOUR ARM!!!! The cognac color is an Hermes classic and will go with everything. Very easy to wear color. Best wishes to you and your new baby! I'm glad you had a wonderful visit!

Wow, that is wonderful!!! You were definitely one of the lucky ones and will be so happy with the purchase! Cognac is such a versatile color!!! Congrats and enjoy her to the fullest. Can't wait to see pics :nuts:

I have a epsom birkin and it holds its shape, survives bad weather, and is fairly easily maintained.:yes: ..IF I SAW THAT IN THE STORE:nuts: ...I would not leave the store without it...Really...you are very very lucky!:yahoo:

oh so jealous!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE cognac and jealous that the bh store- the one i always go to, finally had one in. the fact that you bought it on the spot along with other goodies will get you in better with the SA and if you visit her another once or twice ask her to put your name down for podium for a black Birkin. i have Black and now I'm dying for a brown hue like gold, noisette or cognac.

podium is the buying/ordering event which occurs in Paris twice a year- in February and in July. The SA's place orders for their good clients and give these orders to the manager so that when s/he goes to podium, the order will be placed. The wait begins once you receive confirmation that you order has been placed. So you see, there is really no 'waiting list'. Just a priority list of who the SA wants the order placed for during this bi-annual event.

im not sure how an SA acts when confronted with "podium". i know that mine told me she'd put me on it if i continued shopping only with her. and she went on and on about what that entails including 'call me when you want a scarf and a few days later you can call me when you want to buy your mom a wallet and then in a week you can drop by see whats new maybe pick up a bracelet"- basically SPEND $$$ consistantly with only ME but with no definitive answer about podium. it was aggravating. but since you've already bought a Birkin plus other things they may be more willing to accomodate you without pushing you.