Need help! Is the small Trapeze too large for a 5'2 girl?

fettfleck

<3 my stams
O.G.
Nov 1, 2007
Dear fellow Céline lovers. So I have an urgent dilemma. I have the chance to get a fabulous Trapeze in black with the strap (so that must be the small one). I am now wondering after researching the size, whether the Trapeze might be too large for me (serious thought before spending that really huge amount of money on that bag...)?

i used to own a camel Mini Luggage which looked enourmous on me, which was the reason I sold it and got myself a Micro Luggage, which actually look on me, like the Mini on normal sized people (perfect).

Now I read that the small Trapeze measures 50 cm with wings, which sound awful large to me... I browsed through tons of pics, but mostly found images on large girls (even Niki Hilton measures more than 10 cm more than me and the Trapeze even looks large n her...).

So what do you fellow TPFler think? Are there any small ones owning a small Trapeze? Do you think I can pull off that size? Or will it also look ridicilous on me ike the Mini?

Thx in advance for your help and opinions!

I am just under 5'4" and I had the same experience with the mini luggage- the first time I tried it on I thought- "This is huge!". But I have the smaller trapeze with the shoulder strap and I love it. I think because of the structure and the wings on the trapeze it is longer than some of my other bags I carry (Bal City and LV Lumineuse PM) especially since it doesn't slouch, but I don't find it to be as large overall as the luggage. Hope that helps!

Thankx for you input! I did google Luc Liu... That Trapeze looks pretty large on her, too...

Does anybody have some modeling pics at hand? I will later post a pic with the Luggage on me to show what I mean.

So, here are the promised pics. First is the camel Mini, which really looks huge on me and I am even wearing 10 cm heels. The second is the Micro in black, which looks way more proportionate.

That is why I am afraid the Trapeze might look huge on me. What do you think?

image-2146693057.jpg

image-4121098501.jpg

I am also 5'2 and just got the small trapeze. I didn't realize how large it would be on me, but I don't mind it (I like big bags :P). The only time it looks overly large is if you look at it directly from the side on. Also, I find that I do knock into a lot of people with the sides hah.

Here's a pic -- not the most helpful but you'll see from this angle, it doesn't look terribly big.

Attachments

• celinesize.jpg
    celinesize.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 907
I think it is whatever makes you feel comfortable. I think these are investment pieces and you need to get what you like and what feels good on you.

Yes, that's right. I want one, but if it is too large, I won't carry it. That is why I love to hear the opinions of some other TPfler. If I want to try the size, I would need to buy it first. And that would be a lot of money just to try the sizing and if it does not fit afterwards, I would have to go through the trouble to resell it...

I am also 5'2 and just got the small trapeze. I didn't realize how large it would be on me, but I don't mind it (I like big bags :P). The only time it looks overly large is if you look at it directly from the side on. Also, I find that I do knock into a lot of people with the sides hah.

Here's a pic -- not the most helpful but you'll see from this angle, it doesn't look terribly big.

Thank you for your pic! The Trapeze looks lovely on you!

You are correct, from the front it does not look too large. Do you wear heels on the pic? And do you find it strange, that the bag looks very broad from the side?

My other option is a bag with similar design from German designer Strenesse, which is not so broad from the side and definetely does not look to large on me despte having the same hight. But having the chance to get the Celine, I am now really torn...

image-2824078876.jpg

Thank you for your pic! The Trapeze looks lovely on you!

You are correct, from the front it does not look too large. Do you wear heels on the pic? And do you find it strange, that the bag looks very broad from the side?

I am wearing slight 1-inch (~2cm) heels in the photo.
I admit it looks a little funny from the side, since I'm so short, but it doesn't bother me -- I find my biggest problem to be bumping into people with it. :P

I think shortening the shoulder straps make the bag looks better in proportion. I saw a petite girl carrying a small trapeze on the shoulders and because the straps are long, it kinda drag her down.