Need help in picking out the perfect veil ! come in and see the wedding gown!

Sep 26, 2007
i'm so clueless as to what kind of veil to wear with this gorgeous Monique Lhuillier gown!

it will be a garden ceremony in mid-september right outside of NYC, when the weather is still mild...

a little about myself:

asian, long hair, 5'6", size 2, medium-dark complexion with olive undertones (MAC NC 44), planning to wear smokey eye and pale lips.

what will be the perfect veil for me?

btw the gown has a small trumpet train at the back, just in case you're wondering!

thanks for helping in advance !! :biggrin:

Attachments

• moniquelhuillier2.jpg
    moniquelhuillier2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 731
  • moniquelhuillier3.jpg
    moniquelhuillier3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 297
  • moniquelhuillier10.jpg
    moniquelhuillier10.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 203
  • moniquelhuillier13.jpg
    moniquelhuillier13.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 267
Gorgeous!!! That is a very romantic, soft, feminine dress so I would go traditional on the veil. Can you do a very delicate, floaty but NOT POUFY floor-length veil? I would either do that or go veil-less and just do a beautiful white flower in my hair, maybe with a very tiny subtle feather (or two) tucked into it. :smile:

thanks kristy!

i am seriously considering going veil-less and get this gorgeous leaf tiara !

attachment.php

unless i find a veil that gives me an AH HA moment... i might go the veil-less route!

anymore suggestions anyone? am i missing out on a dream veil?

Attachments

• jenbehrartemesiasmall.jpg
    jenbehrartemesiasmall.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 913
your dress is very lovely and i dont think it needs a veil. i think a veil would actually detract from the overall look. veils are more traditional and your dress is more modern. i say go with the headpiece.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Wow, that dress is so drop dead gorgeous! I adore that leaf tiara with that gown, too. I think it's the perfect compliment to that dress. I can't get over how gorgeous it is!

the dress is gorgeous, and I think you should be like the model
the tiara would be nice, but I am a bit worried it may be too big and distract from that gorgeous dress

million congrats :smile:

thankyou so much everyone for your kind compliments and input !! i am pretty set on getting the leaf tiara (don't even try to ask me about the price... yikes!!)

and am considering doing a simple birdcage with invisible facinators...

i'm still very very confused about how birdcage veils woud work in a ceremony... completely being removed by my maid of honor right before the start? leave it on the entire time?

i think it will just be a decision between just wearing the leaf tiara / adding a short cage veil next to the tiara at this point .... :smile:

thankyou so much everyone for your kind compliments and input !! i am pretty set on getting the leaf tiara (don't even try to ask me about the price... yikes!!)

and am considering doing a simple birdcage with invisible facinators...

i'm still very very confused about how birdcage veils woud work in a ceremony... completely being removed by my maid of honor right before the start? leave it on the entire time?

i think it will just be a decision between just wearing the leaf tiara / adding a short cage veil next to the tiara at this point .... :smile:

If it doesn't cover your mouth too much and is open netting, I would leave it down in the ceremony and your man can still kiss you... if you can flip it back with the help of a MOH if it's a bit longer, you can do that too.