Need help in identifying leather type?

xnoorax

Apr 6, 2008
I bought 2 birkins in the past year a brighton blue and a brown (not sure of name) both of them have the grainy leather but the blue is a bit softer than the brown. Is there a way to identify the leather? Is it written somewhere? How can I know the name of my brown? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I"M DYING TO KNOW!!!!!!!!:confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

You need to post pics and someone may be able to tell or otherwise take it to Hermes and they'd know. Where did you get them that they didn't tell you what they are?

I got the blue from London (it was my first). My sister went to paris and she called and told me they had the brown so I told her to get it for me. I thought all the grainy ones are togo (I didn't know till I joined TPF that they had all kinds of leather)I will post pics soon

The receipt contains the information for the leather type, and the bag's store location and the name of the SA...you should definitely take pictures and post them.

There's no way to tell as of yet.

I just checked the 35 birkin is taurillon clemence in blue brighton but i couldn't find the reciept for the brown its also grainy but a bit more rough when you touch it.

I just checked the 35 birkin is taurillon clemence in blue brighton but i couldn't find the reciept for the brown its also grainy but a bit more rough when you touch it.

Clemence is known for its floppiness. Is your brown-colored Birkin stiff to the touch? If it is then it's epsom. If your brown-colored Birkin is not stiff but grainy like the Clemence, just not as floppy, then its the togo.