Need help in getting Chanel classic flap (large)

Cookie99

Mar 11, 2009
hi all..

i am planning to get the large flap but im having difficulties in making decisions..so i decided to ask for help in the forum..

my sister-in-law is going to milan soon (soon as in a few more days from now!) and im thinking of asking her to help me get one..the problem is i dont know the price there..i've been checking on the forum but i cant find the updated price in milan..can somebody help me out?
i also find out that the tax refund is 14%..is that correct?

another thing is the colour..how many colours are there? i saw black, red and white..i once saw people who use gray but im not sure what size it is..
which colour is the best to get? im afraid i will regret it since its not cheap! i already have a medium flap in black and silverware..

another thing, caviar or lambskin? my medium is in caviar..but i heard lambskin is harder to take care of if i want to use it as daily bag..

hope someone can help me out here..:sad:

i like white! but my mum doesnt allow me to get it cause she said it is hard to take care of..

i think beige is nice as well but do u guys know if its hard to maintain? can it be clean easily if it gets dirty?

OP, I have a white jumbo caviar classic flap with SHW. I personally believe it is easier to maintain comparing to a beige. But it still needs maintenance. Anyway, please check these threads. http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-color-library/ Hopefully, it could give you some references

If you are interested to get a light color, caviar is the best choice for the leather. It is less sensitive. Even though lambskin looks more 'luxury', it is quite sensitive....

Regarding the price, you could check this thread. http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/current-worldwide-prices-no-chatting-428832-15.html. However, I am not sure about the tax refund.

Last edited:
Thanks djrr and Jing Ling for the links..It helps alot!

Wow, everyone is suggesting beige..
I was thinking of grey since its darker colour or red but now, im having second thoughts..:smile:

Thanks everyone for the replies..

I've decided to go for the beige in ghw..
second choice is grey in shw..

i really hope that they have it because my sis-in-law's friend went to milan 2 weeks ago and they told her it was sold out! *fingers crossed*