Need Help In Filing Dispute

Firefly32

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
I just recently purchased a Louis Vuitton wallet on ebay. I didn't have it authenticated prior to purchasing but I'm working on that now! I don't think that the wallet is authentic. Another problem is that the wallet is not new as stated in the auction it is dusty, there are coin marks inside the coin compartment and some of the stitching for the reinforcements one of them is missing and the other is about to snap as it's been fraying. There are small circle spots inside the wallet that are light grey color and a couple that are black, these areas are really small speckles on two different areas of the wallet.

Please give me some advice on what to do and what is the best way to file a dispute?

Do I file on if it's Not authentic or do I file on the condition of the wallet, I can't file on both can I? I don't want a fake wallet but what bothers me more is the condition of it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I just recently purchased a Louis Vuitton wallet on ebay. I didn't have it authenticated prior to purchasing but I'm working on that now! I don't think that the wallet is authentic. Another problem is that the wallet is not new as stated in the auction it is dusty, there are coin marks inside the coin compartment and some of the stitching for the reinforcements one of them is missing and the other is about to snap as it's been fraying. There are small circle spots inside the wallet that are light grey color and a couple that are black, these areas are really small speckles on two different areas of the wallet.

Please give me some advice on what to do and what is the best way to file a dispute?

Do I file on if it's Not authentic or do I file on the condition of the wallet, I can't file on both can I? I don't want a fake wallet but what bothers me more is the condition of it.

Thanks in advance!

Did the listing state it was new? If so, I would file the SNAD (you could state it is not in stated condition (list the flaws) and you could also state it is not authentic, but be sure it is fake. I looked at the pics in the LV authentification thread and nothing struck me, but I am not a LV expert :smile:

Did the listing state it was new? If so, I would file the SNAD (you could state it is not in stated condition (list the flaws) and you could also state it is not authentic, but be sure it is fake. I looked at the pics in the LV authentification thread and nothing struck me, but I am not a LV expert :smile:

Yes, it was stated in the auction as new.

I'm going to wait to hear back in the authentication thread on what the final result is before I file. It is a white multicolor wallet. I did get a good deal on it. So if it is authentic I wonder if it would cost much to have the reinforcement threads redone and wallet cleaned. I hate buying things and getting an item that is completely different than what the auction states.

Yes, it was stated in the auction as new.

I'm going to wait to hear back in the authentication thread on what the final result is before I file. It is a white multicolor wallet. I did get a good deal on it. So if it is authentic I wonder if it would cost much to have the reinforcement threads redone and wallet cleaned. I hate buying things and getting an item that is completely different than what the auction states.

If it stated new and you take good pics on macro view that show it isn't new, I would just file SNAD and state it isn't new. The good news is if it stated new and there is any wear/tear then you will likely not have any trouble winning a Paypal claim. If it has been listed in "good" condition, then that is subjective and you may have had some trouble.

Did you buy it from Leo***Queen? If so, that listing stated new but only included one pic.

Have you contacted the seller at all? Send an email with detailed pics indicating why you feel the wallet is used. You could take it to LV to get a quote on fixing it if you really want to get it fixed and keep it.

HM... does say NEW, but auction also states..
Only used once and in great condition
No Stains/or marks

I think if it were me, rather than hollering about "not new", you should concentrate on describing what you stated in the beginning.. coin marks, missing stitching, fraying, black spots, etc. Be very specific in describing the damage and where it is on the wallet.
I personally think a SNAD for "damaged" is easier to prove and win than a SNAD for "fake", as sometimes proving fake requires getting a written letter of non-auth. You might want to concentrate your efforts w/ PP as not described due to the damage, and simply mention at the end that you also doubt the authenticity of the item... just for grins.
PP is hard to anticipate. Sometimes they are reasonable in their decisions, and sometimes they are just insane.

HM... does say NEW, but auction also states..
Only used once and in great condition
No Stains/or marks

I think if it were me, rather than hollering about "not new", you should concentrate on describing what you stated in the beginning.. coin marks, missing stitching, fraying, black spots, etc. Be very specific in describing the damage and where it is on the wallet.
I personally think a SNAD for "damaged" is easier to prove and win than a SNAD for "fake", as sometimes proving fake requires getting a written letter of non-auth. You might want to concentrate your efforts w/ PP as not described due to the damage, and simply mention at the end that you also doubt the authenticity of the item... just for grins.
PP is hard to anticipate. Sometimes they are reasonable in their decisions, and sometimes they are just insane.

Thanks for the advice I will do that. Hmm I didn't see that in the auction that you pointed out "used once" I was reviewing a few wallets at that time as the auctions were ending. I was just paying attention to the easy to find information. Pictures aren't great in the auction but nothing stuck out as being terribly wrong with it either.

Here are some pictures that I took of the various spots on the wallet. Opinions on them if they are good enough to file a dispute and are these types of spots common, am I being to picky with this type of wallet?? New is new and isn't new. I called LV they couldn't give an estimate over the phone and right now I don't have time to get an estimate for a few weeks. Feeling really ticked off about this and don't know if it's worth keeping is it really a deal or to just file as a snad.

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

No, I didn't the authenticate forum keeps requesting more pictures and I can't get a good picture of the zipper pull. I went ahead and filed a SNAD anyway since it isn't as described. I guess all I can do now is just hope for the best.

I just checked the LV authenticate forum and they think it doesn't look right :sad:. I think it was better to file a SNAD anyway.

Do I escalate this to a claim or wait for the seller to respond to the dispute? It says if the seller agrees to the refund then the dispute closes. What happens if they agree, I send back item but then I don't receive a refund?

Last edited:
Here is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140298706290&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

No, I haven't contacted the seller yet, was going to wait until I heard something more from the LV forum.

Do you suggest contacting the seller first if I choose to return.? I'm going to call LV and see if they can estimate a charge for me.
Yep, she defintely stated that is was new, and in good condition, so make sure you take pics of it also for your case. she mislead you big time, especially for 315 dollars:tdown: