Need Help Identifying H Clutches

audreylita

Shopping's my cardio
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 23, 2009
I attended the Moda Operandi / Heritage Auction trunk show tonight in Manhattan. They had a nice array of Hermes handbags for sale on site and the sale went live at 7 p.m. this evening on the Moda Operandi website. I purchased two really cool clutches and don't know what they are :confused1:. I have never seen anything like them. The buyer for Heritage Auction purchased them and didn't know what they were, either. He said he brought them in to Claude :thinking:and he didn't know what they were, either!

So I am stumped and reaching out to anyone who has a clue as to their identity. They will not be shipping them out until next week so I don't have them here. There are more pictures on the MO website which I can't download, only these two.

OK, here you go:

attachment.php

Brick red box leather with dark blue sides and dark blue leather interior. Measures 10.25" L x 2"W x 5.5"H.

Attachments

• H Brick Clutch.jpg
    H Brick Clutch.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 922
attachment.php

Brick red box leather with dark blue sides and dark blue leather interior. Measures 10.25" L x 2"W x 5.5"H.

I am not sure if the name is correct. I have a friend who have the same exact bag model with different leather material. She said it is called pochette shogun.

available for vip only from the paris...

Shogun is Number one, yes.

As for Number Two, I don't know the name. But I recall that maybe 5 or 6 years ago there was an Hermès eBay auction for some strips of leather with holes at each end. Nobody knew what they were for. But looking at your picture I am positive one of them came from the front of a bag like this one!

Nice buys!

When I get the purses, I will bring them in to the boutique and ask if anyone knows information on either one. If not, I'll ask if they can contact Paris to see if anyone there knows anything.

I can't wait to get them here, they are just so unusual!

:bump:Giving this a bump. They finally arrived!

The shogun, the one that looks like an owl, is X in circle 1994. Does any know anything about this bag?

The black clutch with the buckles remains unidentified. It is O in circle 1985. It measures 11 3/4" wide by 8 1/2" high. It reminds me a lot of a large vintage jige but is more structured and polished in presentation. Does anyone have a clue what this is (or where I can find out)???

As I am sure you have already surmised, detailed pix sent to appropriate person in Paris are probably your best bet. This is one of those things that drives you crazy until you find out!

attachment.php

Finally got the info on these clutches. This one is indeed called Shogun and was part of a series of three different (yet similar) clutches from the 'east / west collection' which also included the Sachem Pochette and the East Sac. The color is called gold 411.