Need help!! I got gum stuck on my chanel!

discomom

O.G.
May 20, 2008
Hey ladies.. I came home from a club and found a streak of gum stuck onto my lambskin chanel mini flap... gasp! not too sure how to clean.. i tried virgin olive oil.. but wont work. should i get it professionally cleaned? or is there any home stuff i can try? i need help... thanks!

OMG! :faint:

The only trick I know with gum is to freeze it, then it's easy to get off whatever it's stuck on, BUT - lambskin?

How did you manage to use oil and not get any on the lambskin?

I guess I'd wrap it in a pillowcase and put it in the freezer, then flick off the gum when it's hardened. I dunno. :shrugs:

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

i would try tape. just tape over the sticky parts, try not to touch the actual lambskin. hopefully the combined stickiness of the gum and tape will make the gum adhere to the tape more than the lamb. GOOD LUCK!

I would never use olive oil on a bag as you can change the color I would try an ice cube and try to freeze the gum and very carefully try to peel the gum off, and letting the bag dry naturally good luck hopefully you will get it off.

No!! Don't apply any oils or solvents to the delicate lambskin!! Do try a piece of ice on the gum only, then carefully try to peel the gum off.

How did this happen OP?

My goodness. They only trick i know is to use a small piece of ice cube wrap with cloth on the gum to harden it and try to peel it off after that. DON"T put the bag into the freezer never ever do that!

Please be careful as I am so afraid for you because it is lambskin we are talking about. Maybe a call to 1800 chanel number and ask for repair advise too.

No!! Don't apply any oils or solvents to the delicate lambskin!! Do try a piece of ice on the gum only, then carefully try to peel the gum off.

How did this happen OP?

My goodness. They only trick i know is to use a small piece of ice cube wrap with cloth on the gum to harden it and try to peel it off after that. DON"T put the bag into the freezer never ever do that!

Please be careful as I am so afraid for you because it is lambskin we are talking about. Maybe a call to 1800 chanel number and ask for repair advise too.

I'd second and third these. Wrap an ice cube in a piece of fabric or paper towel just to make sure the water won't leak too much. Put that ice cube on the gum to make it harden, then peel it off. It should come right off just fine. Don't use any oil since it may darken the leather.
Good luck.

agree totally! no on the freezer. personally i wouldn't touch it...i would take it into chanel because you will probably wind up doing more damage than good but good luck. i hope it works out! keep the gals posted on what worked please

omg!! ice cube on gum.. !!! it Worked!!!! i wrapped it in paper towel and froze the gum. i was able to peel it off.. thanks ladies!!!! now i can sleeeep! nowi just have to condition the lambskin.... again thx!!

whew thank goodness, anytime you have a problem like that or another again before you try anything pop on here and get some advice the worse thing is to ruin a thousand dollar bag :smile: Glad it all worked out for you.

I know I am going off track but since I can't start a new thread on here due to being too new would any of you buy a Chanel off Ebay from Hong Kong or is that too close to being a China Bag????