Need Help Getting the Discount Line Out

Feb 8, 2008
I posted this in the Glass Slipper Forum, but only got a few replies. I believe there was once a thread in this subforum on removing the black marker line that outlets and other discounters use to prevent returns, but can't find it. Anyone have the link?

Any new ideas are welcome! Thanks!

Thanks, Katie and Kaeleigh. Ok, I'll try that when they arrive...just nervous that I will mess up the leather inside. Someone suggested using painter's tape to protect the leather so I will try that too.

Anyone ever use this method with good results?

A picture would help but I'll tell you how I got my numbers (Nordstrom is famous for this) off my Coach Sydnie's. I used a sponge file (like for nails) and sanded the bottoms of my shoes.

If you need a picture I'd be happy to snap one.

Attachments

• Coach Sydnie MINT& LILAC.jpg
    Coach Sydnie MINT& LILAC.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 93
I've had the same question. I haven't bought any (yet), but I've seen different shoes, including CL's, for sale, but they put a big slash mark with black marker right on the inside through where it says "Christian Louboutin" in gold. I'd worry in trying to remove the black marker you'd remove the name as well.
Sorry this isn't an answer, but this is something that I've been wondering about myself.

My experience with hairspray was on the sole. It only removed the black marker and none of the red. I'd say you're safe using that (Goo Off as well, I'm certain) on the insole as none of them contain strong solvents. Paint thinner on the other hand, I wouldn't put anywhere near a shoe, although it would definitely remove the marker line!

These are the lanvin flats I have been talking about. The tag is fabric. I posted in the CL forum because you guys are so great and usually have wonderful ideas. (Photo from ebay)

Attachments

• lanvin flats.jpg
    lanvin flats.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited: