Need help getting smell from Coach

Tanneker

Mar 21, 2010
Just received a wonderful Signature Patchwork Coach. It's kind kind of a must smell to it. Does anyone have any advice on how an odor can be eliminated? I've wiped it down inside and out with wipes, and tried the baking soda technique to no avail.

Thanks

Have you tried airing it out, in the outside air? I did this with a musty bag recently and it really worked well. Instead of just covering up the musty odor, it seems to have actually removed the odor altogether. I'm sensitive to Febreze and other smells, so I really wanted to stay away from that type of thing...

Try hanging the bag outside (on a hanger or something) on a nice day. The air and UV from the sun should help.

If outside airing doesn't help seal it in a plastic zip lock with some baking soda along side it ( in a separate container) in the bag for a few days and see if that helps.

Citrus Magic solid airfreshner....about $5-$8 at walmart or walgreens....leave it in the bag a couple days, it will take the smell out but smell like Citrus. Then air it out for a couple days, the bag will not longer smell like Citrus but like a normal handbag

Citrus Magic solid airfreshner....about $5-$8 at walmart or walgreens....leave it in the bag a couple days, it will take the smell out but smell like Citrus. Then air it out for a couple days, the bag will not longer smell like Citrus but like a normal handbag
Hahah, I use that in BH's closet to take out the stank of his dirty clothes pile :smile: