Need help from Totally bag owners~~

nenner

Feb 1, 2007
So I've been researching the Totally bag on here and have a few questions.

What size would be best for an everyday bag? I'm thinking the mm but would love opinions based on what you have.

Also, I read here about some monogram alignment issues, so when I went into the boutique to try it on I looked at a few. None of them had perfect alignment ~ ie the bottom, and on the sides of the leather seams running down the front and back. There are not really major differences, just slightly different places where the pattern is cut off by stiching or the leather. Is this normal for this bag, or would you suggest looking at more?

If you have this bag and could answer these questions I would appreciate it~ also if you either have pics you can post, or have already posted them and can point me in that direction on here that would be great!

Thanks!

I have the mm size and use it for everyday. I have a video review if you are interested: http://youtu.be/J_I3XnTCpFY

Sorry can't answer your other questions because I tend to not notice these things at all. As long as the bag "looks normal" to me and doesn't look like an obvious return I don't really care about alignment and such.

Good luck with your decision!!

I have the PM in Damier Azur and I've been using it as an everyday bag. I've downsized a bit since I got it but I don't miss anything that I used to carry around with me. Also mine doesn't have any alignment issues.

I had an Azur Totally PM for a while but exchanged it because I thought it was too small on me. It fitted everything I carry around with me on a daily basis - just! (For reference, I generally carry around my long wallet, a pochette, a card wallet, a few Envirosax bags, mobile, handheld game console and/or Kindle, and another pouch around the same size as a pochette with other random stuff, so I don't travel the lightest.)

The alignment on the bag I had was fine. I seem to remember the Mono PM I was shown at the store had alignment issues, but I didn't ask to see more of them.

I have the mm size and use it for everyday. I have a video review if you are interested: http://youtu.be/J_I3XnTCpFY

Sorry can't answer your other questions because I tend to not notice these things at all. As long as the bag "looks normal" to me and doesn't look like an obvious return I don't really care about alignment and such.

Good luck with your decision!!

omg, just had to chime in to say i had previously watched your review too and it was so helpful. i have put the totally monogram to the top of my wishlist because of that video. the only question i have for anyone who has seen both sizes, is the gm really big? i just can't tell if the mm or the gm would be more practical for me. also, can you put a water bottle in the outside pocket, or would that make the bag hang funny? thanks again for any info and for that really helpful youtube video:smile:

omg, just had to chime in to say i had previously watched your review too and it was so helpful. i have put the totally monogram to the top of my wishlist because of that video. the only question i have for anyone who has seen both sizes, is the gm really big? i just can't tell if the mm or the gm would be more practical for me. also, can you put a water bottle in the outside pocket, or would that make the bag hang funny? thanks again for any info and for that really helpful youtube video:smile:

So glad to hear the video was helpful! IMHO the GM would work for traveling but definitely not for daily life. I tend to carry lots of stuff and like bigger bags and the MM is perfect for me. I don't think a water bottle would fit comfortably in any size. It really would hang funny. I will do a "what's in my bag" video soon and will demonstrate the water bottle and sippy cup in the outside pocket because I know a lot of people are curious about that.

I have the totally MM and have carried it on a daily basis for about 10 months. It has plenty of room as I usually carry quite a bit with me. Also...no problem with alignment!

I have the GM and although it is quite large, i needed the space and dont feel funny carrying such a large bag because it doubles as my diaper bag. If I was using it strictly as my own bag, Id go with the MM.

Yes, you can carry a water bottle and it doesnt make it look funny at all (you cannot see it sticking out) and i carry my son's bottle in an outer pocket as well. On my GM though, i cant speak for the fit on the MM.

I love the bag!!

thanks mrsw80 for that info on the gm. i wish i had a boutique nearby to try one one, but alas, can you believe 5 hours away?????? so this info def helps. also, realhousewife1, if you think of it, can you post a link on the boards when you do your what's in my bag video, or maybe just let us know when it's up? that would be so great. thanks so much again for all of the info:smile:

I own azur in pm and really love her.
It's roomy enough for my ipad, zippy wallet, agenda, makeup bag, cle and small pocket book. So I use her as every bag. Really functional.
But if you must carry more, MM should be nice.