Need help from experts of vintage Hermes wallet

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoping someone on this forum know enough about old vintage wallets to let me know whether my gifted wallet is authentic or not.

I got this back in the early 90's (approx. 18 years ago) from my aunt while visiting from Australia. I was a newly wed then and she gave this to me as my "late" wedding present as she could not make it to my wedding (we live in Canada and she lives in Australia). It was definitely not my style of wallet while in my 20's and I stuffed it away until recently. When I finally pulled it out again, my first assumption was "why would I use a knock-off wallet" and was about to donate it to Good-Will. But my mom mentioned to check it out first as my aunt is not the type to buy knock offs. I have given this wallet to my little girl to play with (so in my heart I am assuming it is fake). But, my heart tells me to inquire about it anyway. So here I am. I apologize for the crappy pictures as I used only my "MAC photobooth" to take these "backward" pics. My hubby's camera is too complicated for me to use, lol. The wallet came with the orange hermes box and cream velvety dust cover. Oh yes, I thought the key thing to authenticate would be the "number" on the card.... did Hermes use "numbers" to identify models 20 years ago? The same number is printed on a sticker on the orange box too.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.