Need help from anyone who owns a Chanel vintage Jumbo XL

I recently purchased a vintage Jumbo XL from early 90's on eBay after a long thirst ever since I saw Victoria Beckham carry it. :P

The bag looks beautiful! Just the lambskin feels stiffer than the new lambskin bags. The new ones are so soft comparing to the vintage one I got. Can anyone here who has the same bag let me know how your bag feels like? I just wonder if the older ones are truly stiffer or if there is any possibility that this bag has been re-dyed or processed...

Thanks a million!

I recently purchased a vintage Jumbo XL from early 90's on eBay after a long thirst ever since I saw Victoria Beckham carry it. :P

The bag looks beautiful! Just the lambskin feels stiffer than the new lambskin bags. The new ones are so soft comparing to the vintage one I got. Can anyone here who has the same bag let me know how your bag feels like? I just wonder if the older ones are truly stiffer or if there is any possibility that this bag has been re-dyed or processed...

Thanks a million!
That is too funny! Thanks for posting this question. I had the EXACT same question today. I just received my 2 series jumbo XL and was wondering the same thing. Other lambskin I felt on a different later 80s bag (not XL) was buttery soft to the touch. So yummy!

So I was curious why the XL being "newer" was rougher. So I also thought maybe it was redeyed as well or just how this bag was made/designed.

But based on the replies looks like that's the way it is. And good to know its more durable as I have only had caviar previously and loved it for the fact that its durable (among other things!) and had to build myself up to lambskin.

So yes, mine is the same. Stiffer, rougher and not as soft to the touch as I expected.

Happy Holidays!

Interesting. My vintage lambskin purses are all soft and buttery feeling to the touch. The only ones that are dry are the ones that were re-dyed.

My vintage lambskins are more durable than my current lambskin bags, for sure but all of them feel the same. I don't know what 'stiffer' means.

OP - you can try conditioning your bag.

I have a vintage jumbo xl too! The lambskin seems more durable. And it's 24k gold plated. I love it. But has never carry it yet. Bought it for the same reason! The picture of Victoria beckham carrying it! Lol