Need help from all Artsy owners!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello all. I do not mean to start ANOTHER thread regarding the Arsty MM vs. Artsy GM but I need some help in deciding which to get for an everyday bag. I have tried on both of the bags in the store and I still cannot decide. At first, I thought that I would go with the GM for those days that I am going to carry alot of things but I am worried that it will look too big on the days the bag is nearly empty.

What is the consensus on this from current GM owners?

I really like the MM as well but I am a little worried about the whole not having enough room under the armpit issue (especially when I am wearing a winter coat). I know that people have said to fold over the top to give you more room but I am wondering if that only works if the bag is kind of empty.

What is the consensus on this from current MM owners?

PLEASE HELP ME. ANY comments from current artsy owners will be appreciated!!!!!This has been bugging me for a while and I want to get the bag before the next price increase (whenever that is). Thanks so much!!!

2. I have the Artsy MM and it seems plenty big enough for me. I carry quite a bit of stuff on a daily basis. The arm room is fine and it doesnt rub at all. I live in FL so I dont wear winter coats, but I think it would still fit just fine. I tried on the GM, but thought it was too big on me. Im 5'9'' about 120lbs. The MM gives me plenty of room and doesnt overwhelm me. HTH! You can also fold the flaps over together, which is how I carry it, or you can fold them over on top of each other, like a burrito...this way gives you a little more arm room.

3. QUOTE=bunnches;19662512]I have the Artsy MM and it seems plenty big enough for me. I carry quite a bit of stuff on a daily basis. The arm room is fine and it doesnt rub at all. I live in FL so I dont wear winter coats, but I think it would still fit just fine. I tried on the GM, but thought it was too big on me. Im 5'9'' about 120lbs. The MM gives me plenty of room and doesnt overwhelm me. HTH! You can also fold the flaps over together, which is how I carry it, or you can fold them over on top of each other, like a burrito...this way gives you a little more arm room.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks for the prompt response! Can fold over the top even when the bag is pretty much full or does the bad need to me half empty in order to fold the sides over?

Overall, do you think it is a good everyday bag?

Thanks again!!!

4. I also live in fla and I have artsy mm!
    The strap is nice and soft now that I've been carrying non stop. It's plenty big enough for everyday use and I have so much room to spare for extra items. My arms aren't too thin but it doesn't bother me that strap has nice archy shape to it now. Canvas got much softer too and it does fold nicely and it's super flexible! GM was way too big for me.

5. Over time the handle on the MM eventually drops and becomes softer meaning bendable/flexible and easy on the shoulder. The handle also have an arched shaped like it got molded of my shoulder :P I also like to carry my bag w/ the canvas folded, I like that look and it also gives me that extra space under the armpit. I have last winter carried my bag over a trench coat and it was fine :smile:

6. I prefer the look of the MM, just slouchy enough. I haven't found there to be any armpit issues for me either.

7. I have the MM & it's the perfect size ! ( & I LOVE big purses- I also have the Neverfull GM). the Artsy GM just felt too big for me.( I'm 5'4 and a size 16- so I'm not a tiny girl).

I did have the armpit issue and it was a big concern for me ( so much of a concern that I didn't buy it after I first tried it on.) but when I found mine ( I bought mine preloved from jills consignment ) I was so excited at the price and condition of the purse I totally forgot about it. When I started using the artsy ,I didn't have th armpit issue . Now after using it for 2 months ,I have now issues and love it.
    Good luck with your decision.