Need help for Shipper's Export Declaration (SED) Form

Hamhamjanice

Nov 23, 2010
Hello hello.... Anyone heard about this Shipper's Export Declaration (SED) Form? How does it really work? Here's my situation.

I plan to bid for a Kelly bag and it will be posted to my US address (link to paypal). After which, my postal service provider will post the bag to me ( I am in Singapore). Recently, I read about this Shipper's Export Declaration (SED) Form which I have to fill in if my purchase is above 2500. I read the form and realised that I need the personal details of the seller and her EIN (IRS) number. And of course quite a few things to fill in.

Does this means that if the seller does not provide me with the details, I cant buy/receive the item? My bag will be stuck at my US address? So should I still try to bid for the bag?

So sad... found a bag which I really like.....:nogood:

I would email the seller and let them know that you may need to get some information from them like full name, address, phone etc...for a SED form and see if they are willing to help you. If they don't respond or say no, I wouldn't bid. You don't want to be in a situation where you have $2500++ on the line sitting someplace. Its not worth the hassle and worry. I would not bid unless the seller is willing to help you with any information. If something on the form is left blank, that could be a reason why the package would be held in customs.

I would email the seller and let them know that you may need to get some information from them like full name, address, phone etc...for a SED form and see if they are willing to help you. If they don't respond or say no, I wouldn't bid. You don't want to be in a situation where you have $2500++ on the line sitting someplace. Its not worth the hassle and worry. I would not bid unless the seller is willing to help you with any information. If something on the form is left blank, that could be a reason why the package would be held in customs.

Thank you!! Will do that now.. Hopefully it will be fine...

Agree here..