Need help for crying eyes

staceyjan

Dec 30, 2014
Relative is dying in hospital and I feel like I haven't stopped crying in days. Every day I come to his and try to put on my best face but I have bags on top of bags and my eyes are swollen and hurt. What can I do for them? I will buy anything and try any home remedies for some relief. I have to go back to work tom and cannot imagine how horrid I look.

Apr 15, 2007
Relative is dying in hospital and I feel like I haven't stopped crying in days. Every day I come to his and try to put on my best face but I have bags on top of bags and my eyes are swollen and hurt. What can I do for them? I will buy anything and try any home remedies for some relief. I have to go back to work tom and cannot imagine how horrid I look.

Try some cucumber slices to calm down the swelling of your eyes.
Thera tears are wonderful eye drops to soothe your eyes
Sorry about your relative that is never an easy situation to be in

xxtash

Jan 22, 2017
Sorry about your relative. You can try putting two metal tablespoons in the freezer and putting them (round side facing you) on your closed eyes to help the swelling.

ProfNot

Sylvie Guillem fan
O.G.
May 10, 2006
danceland
Cold is your friend. Gel packs kept in freezer. Ice from drinks vendor (7Eleven, Starbucks, etc). If work has a fridge, put gel packs in it (inside a paper bag with your name listed).
Don't worry about how you look. We have all lost someone we love. Everyone will give you a break. You will look like someone who cares.

Reactions: prepster

prepster

Mar 4, 2016
I'm so sorry for your sadness and distress. I use tea bags. I soak two in warm water, then chill them for a few minutes in the refrig. then I lie down and put one tea bag on each eye for 5 to 10 minutes. It feels really good.