Need help finding Shu uemura products

JiChi

Nov 7, 2005
Hi everyone! :smile:
Recently I've been hearing a lot about Shu Uemura's cleansing oils, and I'm very eager to try one out! I have pretty dry skin, not the point where it's a real problem, I just need to moisturize a lot. I always use shower oils on my body and it has done great things for my skin, as it's really not that dry any more.

So anyway, I have two questions. First, which cleansing oil to use? I was first attracted to the high performance balancing cleansing oil fresh (the pink one), but just checked out their website and saw it was best fitted for oily skin types and acne prone skin. So I thought perhaps cleansing beauty oil premium would be better (the green one). This one says it protects against internal and external aggressions associated with skin aging. I am 22 years old, so is it wrong to protect against this on my age?

And then for my next question: where can I find these products? I live in Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. The only Shu Uemura store closed a few months ago (WHY OH WHY?) and their website does not ship to where I live. Does anyone know a website that sells these products and also ships internationally?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
The website does list a source in Amsterdam. Is that the one you mentioned closed recently? Magna Plaza?

If so, have you contacted the other sources in Europe and asked if they would send to you? A few do list mail order available. Personally, I would try others as well, even if the mail order option is not particularly listed.

Good luck on your search.

Thanks for that tip, I hadn't really thought about contacting the other stores in Europe that carry the products. That will be a good last resort option, if I really can't find any place that sells Shu uemura products.

And yes, the Magna Plaza store was the one that closed down at the end of 2009.

BUT, there might be some hope: I just discovered Sephora has opened a few shops in the Netherlands. I know Sephora carries Shu Uemura products in the USA, so I'm gonna check that out soon!

Any thoughts on which cleansing oil would be best for dry skin?

Thanks for your help! Today I looked on Ebay again (I looked a few days ago and didn't find what I was looking for), and I went ahead and bought the green cleansing oil. I was going back and forth between the more orange colored one that was especially for dry skin, and the green one. In the end I decided to just give the green one a go :smile:.

I'm very anxious to try this product! :yahoo:

This thread is a few months old but I thought I'd start it up again especially since I received the trial cleansing oil with my Sephora purchase.

Needless to say, I LOVE IT!! I also really love the smell... can't quite figure out what it is but to me it smells so good. I'm finishing up my Caudalie gentle cleanser, which I also love and am thinking about purchasing the full sized bottle of cleansing oil.

I was wondering, do you put the cleansing oil on dry skin or wet? I tried it both ways and actually liked it directly on dry skin. Afterwards, (and I don't know if this is necessary), I finished up with my Caudalie cleanser. My skin felt really soft.

Anyone else use the Shu Uemura cleansing oil and do you like it as opposed to cream or foam based cleansers?

the shu uemura cleansing oils are very popular, especially the premium (green). i think most ladies apply it dry directly to skin, rub in, add a few drops of water to emulsify, rub some more, rinse off, and then use another cleanser after to make sure they washed off all the oil. that's what i do anyways. i like it but i've heard good things about fancl's mild cleansing oil, which is what i'll be trying next.

not sure if you've heard, but shu uemura's leaving the us market so you may want to stock up if you like it. the website's currently doing 20% off with free shipping over $50.

I just checked out the site - fabulous!! I wish I had more money to spend. Anyone know when they are leaving the US market? I found nothing on their website. Hopefully it won't be for a while.