Need help finding deciding on a colour for new birkin!

fallonista

Mar 1, 2014
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409866716.252117.jpg Hi! I'm having my first baby (it's going to be a girl!) beginning of November and I want to get a 40cm birkin as a baby changing bag. I'm going to get the attached pram and want to make sure my birkin matches it. What colour leather do you think I should get? Is taupe too dark do you think? Would love to hear all your suggestions! Thank you!

Congrats! My baby girl is 12weeks old now and I use my black birkin (35) as a baby bag sometimes.. But my pram is also neutral (black and silver) and I think I'd prefer a bright birkin to contrast. Im hoping for a pink or red one so that i can also pass it down to my daughter later on to start a little tradition. I think red would look great with that beige... Or even navy!

Yes I was also thinking it would be nice to have a contrasting colour - would probably go for Rose Lipstick then in 40cm! Think it could look very cute

If I was to stay with new neutral colour I think your right that Etoupe is the best match - I could always attach a bright coloured Fendi monster to make it a bit more fun 😛

Thanks for all your suggestions guys! X

Omg its so pretty! Why didnt you get it! Baby girl will grow up one day you know! 😏 she'll NEED it! 😌😌😌

😂😂😂 True!! But I think it wouldn't be a bag id use very often! But it is very pretty! Baby girl can use my other bags.... ONE DAY!! Hahaha

hmmm i think if its going to be used with your pram, you'd want a colour that you won't need to baby in case it gets dirty? a brown or even a gold one would be classic and matchy IMO

It's such a shame! I was just offered a horse shoe bicolour birkin - Rose Jaipur with Etoupe!! Would have been perfect if not for the size and hardware 😭 View attachment 2740581

Gorgeous bag, I would have taken it for myself! Forget the nappy bag! :P
Etoupe or black with PHW would be nice as a daiper bag but just bare in mind that Togo in 40cm can break your arm, imagine it weighed down with the bottles, dummies, nappies...

Gorgeous bag, I would have taken it for myself! Forget the nappy bag! :P

Etoupe or black with PHW would be nice as a daiper bag but just bare in mind that Togo in 40cm can break your arm, imagine it weighed down with the bottles, dummies, nappies...

This is my first baby so I have no idea what is needed to go in the bag other than the basics... Do you think a 35cm would work? I was thinking the same thing that 40cm can be very heavy!! But then again I'll just have it attached to pram the whole time so maybe not so bad haha

This is my first baby so I have no idea what is needed to go in the bag other than the basics... Do you think a 35cm would work? I was thinking the same thing that 40cm can be very heavy!! But then again I'll just have it attached to pram the whole time so maybe not so bad haha

A 35 will be very heavy too. I suggest you try some on if you have the possibility. A friend has one maybe? Regardless if 35 or 40 a filled up togo/clemence will be super heavy but if it will sit on the stroller mist if the time maybe that wont be a problem?

As for colour I would go with a neutral if it were to be used for diapers/babystuff. If you are planning on using it for other purposes I would pick a colour I like. Which colours do you currently have in birkins?

Congrats on your little one.

The basics for a baby I would imagine to be quite a lot?