Need help figuring out how to pick a purse insert for my slouchy purse

babysnowflake

babysnowflake
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
Hello. I have a leather bag that measures 14 3/4 long by 13 height by 3.5 depth. I wanted to buy something to put inside that would make the bag stand up more instead of slouching over. I know about "purse-kets" etc. but I'm having trouble with the sizing. How do you pick the right size insert when there isn't one that matches exactly. Has anyone had any experience with these, do you buy one larger or smaller than you purse dimensions? I'm buying online so can't try it out before hand.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Hello. I have a leather bag that measures 14 3/4 long by 13 height by 3.5 depth. I wanted to buy something to put inside that would make the bag stand up more instead of slouching over. I know about "purse-kets" etc. but I'm having trouble with the sizing. How do you pick the right size insert when there isn't one that matches exactly. Has anyone had any experience with these, do you buy one larger or smaller than you purse dimensions? I'm buying online so can't try it out before hand.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Well, it probably depends on the type of organizer. If you want the bag to be really structured then it's probably best to buy an organizer that's slightly wider rather than narrower (as long as the organizer isn't rigid) but I wouldn't buy one that's taller than the height of your bag.

Instead of a traditional purse insert, have you thought about a large soft sided cosmetic compartmentalizations cosmetic bag? I use mine in both my structured and slouchy bags and have been very pleased with it. Even better, I bought mine at a local Target for $15.00.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 216
Instead of a traditional purse insert, have you thought about a large soft sided cosmetic compartmentalizations cosmetic bag? I use mine in both my structured and slouchy bags and have been very pleased with it. Even better, I bought mine at a local Target for $15.00.

What a fab solution! Thank you for posting a pic. I have a couple of traditional inserts, but this kind zippered solution would be perfect for me. (I love big open tote and shopper style bags & since things sometimes fall out of the insert compartments, I get lazy & don't change bags as much as I'd like). It'll be easier to grab & swap bags now. Thx again :smile: