Need help decieding:D

Sara_e900

Sep 26, 2012
Hello all lovely ladies!

Thought I should just ask you, since you all are experts on this subjects, and my friends and boyfriend probably should strangle me if I keep asking them.....:biggrin:

My birthday is coming up, and I am trying to decied which bag to get.....

I'm choosing between;

Tillie

Another Bayswater, already got a black one, but I do love that bag!

or an Alexa!

I want a bag I can wear/bring to everything. Maybe not if I am going out, but to school or just going shopping. So a good all day around bag. So what would you choose? Please help, can't make up my mind!:nuts:

All kind of advise is most welcome! :hbeat:

Thank you! That's a really good idea! Have to keep it in mind. So many bags! A midnight blue tillie caught my eye a while ago and can't stop thinking about it.... Something darker I agree on, thinking maybe chestnut or chocolate... :biggrin:

Hello!

I agree that Alexa is a great all rounder though she doesn't work on me! Looks great on people I see shopping etc and because of the cross body option is pretty versatile xxxx

I'm a fan of both tillie and alexa, and have both in my collection but in this instance I'm going to go with alexa as well. Possibly in one of the core colours that would go with everything.

P.S. the nightshade tillies will probably show up soon in the outlets as they were S/S 2012. Good luck with your choice

A chestnut Alexa sounds great for casual use, but when you just can't get something off your mind (i.e. midnight blue Tillie), I always feel it's meant to be. And a blue Tillie would be more unique/a statement while a chestnut Alexa is more of a staple (like a black Bayswater). If it's still available, I'd buy the blue Tillie now and get the chestnut Alexa down the road.

What type of black Bayswater do you have? I just got one today (purchased on Net-A-Porter) in black Natural Leather with the dull antique brass fixtures but now I'm considering exchanging for the Soft Spongy Leather with shiny soft gold fixtures - for broader use (still causal but more glam fixtures). Can't decide:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-01-10 at 4.07.49 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-01-10 at 4.07.49 PM.png
    194.3 KB · Views: 590
lizzyq said:
A chestnut Alexa sounds great for casual use, but when you just can't get something off your mind (i.e. midnight blue Tillie), I always feel it's meant to be. And a blue Tillie would be more unique/a statement while a chestnut Alexa is more of a staple (like a black Bayswater). If it's still available, I'd buy the blue Tillie now and get the chestnut Alexa down the road.

What type of black Bayswater do you have? I just got one today (purchased on Net-A-Porter) in black Natural Leather with the dull antique brass fixtures but now I'm considering exchanging for the Soft Spongy Leather with shiny soft gold fixtures - for broader use (still causal but more glam fixtures). Can't decide:

I think you may like the one with soft hold better. I replied in your other thread ;)

attachment.php

They're both lovely but I prefer the soft spongy.

Personally I would go for the tillie. I think it's a lot less common than the Alexa and sometimes it's nice to have something different. I love the bays and have 2 myself but find them heavy for taking shopping etc. Have fun deciding!

Thank you, thank you CPrincessUK and Ria2011! I'm now confidently making the switch and packing Bayswater up to be returned, fighting the urge for instant gratification (half the cause for any indecision).

Thank you all sonics for your help. But I think I will go after the tillie in midnight blue, and if I don't find if I will go after a alexa. I am going to the uk in the beginning of March, do you think the tillies will have gotten to the outlets by then?

My bays is also the soft spongy^^! I absolute love it! Hope your change goes well!:smile:

Sara I hope you find the Tillie! You might be able to call a store and talk to a sales person - sometimes they're willing to give some inside info, such as when seasonal merchandise will be heading to outlet. Then you can call the outlets to see if they have the bag, even have them ship it to you. I do that a lot here in the US with other stores (always keep the SKU/Product ID# of beloved items handy).

Have you posted any pics of your black Bayswater?? I would love to see it, as I'm now debating between the Soft Spongy and Grainy Print leather (both come with gold fixtures).

Good idea! Never thought about that! Thank you, i will have my fingers crossed that they have reached the outlets by then! There seemed to have been a lot in the sale during Christmas.

No I haven't, haven't up loaded any pics, since my lovely computer isn't really working with me.... More like against me, really well too. Finally got a new one, but haven't had time to upload any yet:smile: