Need help deciding

virgo8708

O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
So here is my dilemma.

I am needing a nice black bag as I only have like 1 black bag because I don't really carry black bags anymore but with winter here I wouldn't mind having a darker bag instead of carrying my metallic bags all the time. I have fallen in love with the champagne color as well. I intend to get one of each however I am having trouble deciding on which style to get in them. They are both available in the Alexandra and Kristin hobo styling on evilbay. Both of the styles really appeal to me and would suit my lifestyle. I am very torn because I don't want to get them in a certain style and then end up being disappointed or wishing I chose the other style. I am needing some advice, please help!!

I vote for the Kristin. I have the black hobo and love her! P.S. I have it in champagne too! I used to have a bunch of Alexandras, but got tired of the strap. You either wear it on your doubled up on your shoulder or have to wrap it up on the bottom. Just sort of bugged me after awhile. So I found Kristin! I just use the short strap, remove the crossbody strap, and that makes it really perfect for me.

I was looking at the coach website this morning and I came across the chelsea jayden carryall in champagne and it looks gorgeous. Just something to think about. But out of your two choices I vote kristen all the way :smile:

Alexandra...I have her in almost every color and I think she's the most user-friendly bag Coach ever made. I love the shorter straps and the longer strap option. I am carrying the black embossed croc today. She's soft and pretty... Then again, I often carry a satchel, like Sophia or Sabrina. If you are STRICTLY a shoulder bag gal, you may want Kristin.

I was looking at the coach website this morning and I came across the chelsea jayden carryall in champagne and it looks gorgeous. Just something to think about. But out of your two choices I vote kristen all the way :smile:
I just went onto their website and saw it too, looked very gorgeous just a bit out of my price range for the one bag. I can probably get the two bags for the price of that one.

I needed a black bag too, and decided to use my 25% off card on a black siggy Chelsea Jayden carryall. At first I thought she was too small, since all my other babies are bigger (Alexandra, Tribeca tote, Colette tote), but I love the organization, and decided to keep her!

I bought a Black Kristin Hobo off evilbay I hope it is just as gorgeous in person as the pictures show....now need to decide on which Champagne bag I want...the Alexandra is less money and I am used to 2 strap bags more than hobos but I still can't make up my mind lol

I have a large acorn Alexandra AND large black Kristin hobo. Love them both. I'd say since you bought the Kristin hobo in black, now get the champagne Alexandra, then you'll have one of each style!

Hi! I'm new here and pretty new to coach. I have an Alexandra and I love her!! But I just found out tonight that there are two sizes. Is it a significant difference? I love big bags. Should I add a berry large? Thx!

I love them both, but do have a really weak spot for Alexandra - the bag may seem less exciting, but is just so great to carry, and I think they looks better worn than in still shots, if that makes sense.

Ack! I was still writing. The Alexandra also holds everything without looking overstuffed, more so than the hobo in my opinion. And the Alexandra zip pocket is easier to get my train cards in and out of. I still don't know why I have only one Alexandra, I had others in my hands to buy on more than one occasion, and am kicking myself for not buying them. But they are both great bags! Enjoy your new hobo!