Need help deciding quick!!

bgyoshi

O.G.
Nov 23, 2005
I was on hold for a black mini and turns out either I've moved up the list a lot or people are turning it down. But I'm up for a black mini!! The catch is... it's the iridescent/suede caviar. I was hoping for the classic look but I like cross body that's why I wanted the mini rather than m/l or jumbo. should I take it?

I haven't seen it person but don't want to lose out on it. what's everyone's take on the new caviar? thanks!!!

I was on hold for a black mini and turns out either I've moved up the list a lot or people are turning it down. But I'm up for a black mini!! The catch is... it's the iridescent/suede caviar. I was hoping for the classic look but I like cross body that's why I wanted the mini rather than m/l or jumbo. should I take it?

I haven't seen it person but don't want to lose out on it. what's everyone's take on the new caviar? thanks!!!
I have read somewhere that the new Caviars now aren't as good as they used to make them. I'm not sure if that info is relevant to your question, just an FYI i guess, maybe buy a vintage one?

i dont know about others but i love the new suede caviar, it is soft, smoth and pebble to the touch, i like it better than the original plastic feel caviar, so i'd say buy the bag

I think the original caviar leather is more durable.

that's what I feel is the consensus reading the boards. but my HG is a black caviar mini... and now that the minis are seasonal... who knows if it'll ever come out in original caviar. and any rare ones I find from reseller is ridiculously priced over retail.

that's what I feel is the consensus reading the boards. but my HG is a black caviar mini... and now that the minis are seasonal... who knows if it'll ever come out in original caviar. and any rare ones I find from reseller is ridiculously priced over retail.

i would rather wait for my HG bag if i were you. if you buy this suede mini, you will still be wishing to get your HG bag.

suede is difficult to maintain.

no matter what others say about the new caviar, just inspect your bag carefully, if it's fine, just take it. mini is small bag, it should be fine if you take care of it.

The suede caviar is really not the same as regular caviar. I personally don't like it, and after reading that it attracts dirt and is hard to clean, it doesn't sound like a good investment piece, which a flap should be (investment in terms of a bag you will have for many, many years and which can be cleaned or refinished when necessary; I don't think that finish can be refurbished).

I know it's hard to wait when you have missed something (I'm going through that now with the 12A red flap in M/L), but "settling" for something else won't make that wish for the one you want disappear. Many times resellers have ridiculous prices, but I have seen some that are fair. Sometimes it just takes time.

Got the bag this AM... indeed it's the suede caviar.I don't like it. It feels like paper. I love the shine and feel of the regular caviar. Think im going to return it. and keep waiting... I might be waiting for something that will never exist...UGH sOOoooooo close!!!!

image-3075756067.jpg

image-794851243.jpg

The old caviar IS way better than the current caviar. Was looking at my lovely WOC in caviar today and realized it's about 10-15 years old and still look like new?
Then I look at my GST in caviar, brought 2011 and it feels not so good. Love it big time, but the quality is different.

Try malleries or yoogis closet, they have great vintage flaps! =)

The old caviar IS way better than the current caviar. Was looking at my lovely WOC in caviar today and realized it's about 10-15 years old and still look like new?
Then I look at my GST in caviar, brought 2011 and it feels not so good. Love it big time, but the quality is different.

Try malleries or yoogis closet, they have great vintage flaps! =)

sigh... I hate wishing for something that may or may not exist lol. and it seems the rectangular mini is not in abundance in resell market either. but you're right, the original caviar is so much better.