Need help deciding on which color!

cheetostaindtop

Melk2020!
O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
I just emailed Aloha Rag today. I didn't expect a response right away, let alone the same day. So I checked my email and low and behold, customer service responded. You can imagine the smile on my face stretched from one ear to the other.
Anyways, they sent me a list of the colors they have for the City GH. I am torn between the turquouise, vermillon, and the anthracite. The first two comes in silver hardware and the anthracite comes in gold. Those don't make a difference to me I guess. I love the brightness of the turquoise and the vermillon (I was expecting electric blue) :sad: but that's ok. However, I think the anthracite would be more of a practical color to go with for the city I live in. I don't see a lot of people with BBags here. I'm wondering if I should be a little more bold or look more subtle.
Another thing I need help with is for those of you who own turquoise, vermillon, or anthracite City GH, can you please post pix either with you posing with them or just the bag itself.
Thank you!! Your help is greatly appreciated. My heart is pounding as this is quite an exciting venture into the BBag world for me. :girlsigh:

My first Bal bag is from this season and its a turquoise. I can't say enough about this bag's color, just amazing in real life! every time I've used it I have people coming up to me and asking about it... so i say go with the Turquoise! it adds a nice pop of color and is actually really easy to match! Good luck deciding!

Anthracite is definitely more practical. I've had mine since last September and it still looks as beautiful as it did when I first bought it. The colour also goes with all of my outfits - looks especially fab with jeans, but is also gorgeous with dressy clothes.

If I was you, I'd take a good look at my wardrobe and see what kinds of colours you wear most. Then, I'd pick a bag to match as many of them as poss. Bear in mind, though, that it's surprising how the bright pops of colour can look unexpectedly good with colour combinations you may never have even thought of! :smile:

If you're likely to buy another Bbag at some point, then you might want to get one versatile dark colour and one fun colour. (I originally bought an Anthracite and expected that to be my one and only. Since then, I've bought a Violet and am now planning on getting a black Day. Be warned, they are irresistibly addictive!)

Oh I am torn between the turquoise and the vermillon now. This may sound strange for a guy to give his input, but my boyfriend put his two cents in. He said that if I wanted to get such an expensive bag, I should go for something that will stand out like the turquoise. He didn't think that I should go for something subtle like the anthracite. I am leaning towards the vermillon now, since i saw a picture of a girl carrying the vermillon City GH. It looked fabu!
Btw, a question about the suppleness of the leather. Do you guys know if the leather is more supple and soft on the RH City and a little stiffer on the GH City. It sort of looks that way in pictures. Maybe because the GH's are newer and no one has broken them in yet. I just love the look of the leather on the RH.

I have both RH and GSH and the leathers are definitely different. The RH is softer and the GSH is smoother. Both colors are saturated and although they are different I love them both.

Thanks guys! Your opinions are greatly appreciated! I am loving the vermillion... i love the turquoise but just wondering if I will get sick of the color right away as I don't own a lot of turquoise-colored anything. Which just means I'm not really partial to turquoise. It just looks amazing on Nicole Ritchie. I do love reds! I saw the vermillion RH at the store, and I just love it.
I got an email from AR and they told me that they will start announcing the new colors that they will be stocking between end of May and beginning of June. Should I wait for the new colors? Has anyone heard anything about the new colors?
I'm ready to buy the bag but just curious about what the new colors will be. :tender:

Should I wait for the new colors? Has anyone heard anything about the new colors?
I'm ready to buy the bag but just curious about what the new colors will be.

See the 2 threads in the main forum on F/W colors. :yes: There are also several threads on when we can expect the F/W collection to hit stores, and which stores are opening waitlists. If you do a search, you'll find them.

I have both the vermillion and the turquoise and I have to say I love them both, I have regular hardware but the giant hardware on that turquoise is crazy pretty. i think you should go for bright. I got the bright yellow city too and I tell you that the bright colors I have now are my favorite :smile:
Good luck, just buy them all and then you have what you want :smile: My credit card hates when i do that

i like both turq and vermillion....they both look great w/ GH.
i like the vermillion leather better...less stiff and very supple. for some reason...all the vermillion first i've seen IRL aren't that great..why?? all the big bags have great leather....very strange.