Need help deciding on this sweater. Is this chic and versatile?

mysisterrocks

Nov 11, 2008
I am 5'3 and curvy- do you think this would work on me or would I look frumpy?

Also, I was trying to capture the French chic look and stick with neutral colors like black charcoal and gray, but they are sold out of nearly everything but this bright happy pink. Is this a basic or will I tire of it? Im wondering if this is the type of item you go with a color instead of a neutral? I have olive skin, kinda resemble Nicole Richie, at least I am told...

Please help- it's spendy but looks comfy with jeans and boots...
http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=GODD-WO6&c=Goddis

I'm 5'2" and curvy also (chest). I wouldn't buy it for 2 reasons. I've found that on my figure the dreaded horizontal stripe/blocks of color don't work - it just adds weight. Also what bothers me about it is that it's so long for a petite. It's hard to carry longer clothes like this when you are only 5'3". You have to be careful that it doesn't push you into the ground if you know what I mean. You want to look taller not shorter and wider.

I do love the style because it is slimming with the longer front and I have 2 of them, but the vest version (shorter) and in a solid black and also a solid purple

Anyway that's just my opinion on what works for me but I have made a rule never ever to buy anything with horizontal stripes or blocks - I'm a vertical girl all the way - makes you look taller and skinnier. ;)

I am just under 5'4 and had something similar on from anthropologie. It was too long and overwhelming on me.

I think you won't know for sure until you try it.

oh..the model was from ANTM...i think she's around 5'7 the most...
if you are 5'3...it could be too long for you...b/c it's kind of too long for her already.

I'm not a big fan of the sweater, sorry... Maybe if it was in a neutral color. The colors are too bright for my taste, the sweater is too thin, and the asymmetrical hemline reminds me of a poncho. You could pull it off if your overall look is bohemian (I think Nicole Richie could do it... and if you look like her, maybe :smile:) but for something more versatile and still comfy I'd probably go with something along the lines of: http://www.revolveclothing.com/Disp...LARO-WO80&c=Sweaters+&+Knits&s=C&sc=Cardigans