Need help deciding on first Empreinte bag

BBNJ

Apr 30, 2014
Hello TPF Friends!

I need your help with a big decision. I have been saving up for a while and I am ready to purchase my first Empreinte piece. It would be an early birthday/Christmas gift because I would like to purchase it before the price increase. I have no black bags so I have decided on the color--Noir. The part I am having trouble with is the style. My choices are the Artsy, Speedy B 25 or the Bastille. I would like the bag to serve as a bag I can wear to work or to a dressier occasion (like a baby shower or a nice dinner). With jeans or with heels. The Artsy is my first choice--let's face it, it's sexy and gorgeous. But is it too big? Would the other two choices be more functional? I trust your opinions and you are always so helpful!

The speedy 25 doesn't come in noir? At least not in Canada.

I love the artsy! It would have been my favourite to buy but I felt it was like a big black hole... . I wanted noir too. So I bought the speedy 30. And I love it! I dress it up and wear it casually...

I don't know about the Bastille... The straps seem really thin, and is a big bag so it may be uncomfortable...

The speedy 25 doesn't come in noir? At least not in Canada.

I love the artsy! It would have been my favourite to buy but I felt it was like a big black hole... . I wanted noir too. So I bought the speedy 30. And I love it! I dress it up and wear it casually...

I don't know about the Bastille... The straps seem really thin, and is a big bag so it may be uncomfortable...

You are so right! Thank you! I just looked it up. The 30 is a great size--not too big and not too small.

I own the Artsy and Speedy 25 in Infini and love them both! Artsy is one stunning sexy bag, but it can get heavy if you are going to carry it for any length of time. The Speedy 30 may be more versatile and the perfect size for what you are looking for. The Bastille, while a lovely bag just looks off to me IMHO with it's handles not laying down. Go try them on and go with your heart. If Artsy makes your heart sing get that one, If it's Speedy B then that is the choice..... There is no wrong answer, it is whatever works best with your lifestyle and what makes your heart flutter when you see it and try it on. Good luck deciding! :smile:

I'm very new to empriente too and have tried a few in recent months. Empriente is total luxury IMO and well worth saving for.
What I discovered is that the artsy is a fab, sexy design but very, very much heavier in the leather version & of course heavier still when even just half full. Much more comfortable though when the handle has softened.
Speedy b in 30 can be dressed up or down....and the strap is in two sections for use x-body too. It's a whole lot of luxurious leather but no where near as heavy as the artsy and more versatile. It also means that the entire bag is useful and you don't have to dig so deep in order to find something. However, there are many useful pockets the artsy, if you're patient enough to put everything in its place! I'm a chuck-it-in and go type of girl.

Either way.....they're all amazing and a real privilege to own. Looking forward to hearing which way you go.

The speedy b does not come in noir in that size...I have the empreinte Artsy, empreinte speedy b in both sizes and the Lumi (which the Bastille is replacing) and I would pick the Bastille as the best bag to go from day to night. It can be carried different ways and has the added security of a zippered top....if you can, go to the boutique and try them all on..Sometimes the bag you think you want doesn't always work out once you try it on...let us know what you decide!

Speedy B. Love mine, but it is the 25 and not 30. But, I love my emp speedy b. I do not have the other two, but have tried both on. I think the emp Artsy is so beautiful, but sooooo heavy IMO. The Bastille is gorgeous. It's a lighter weight, the handles do stay upright whether carrying it or sitting it down, but it's very light weight. Out of the 3 I'd still vote Speedy B.