Need help deciding on buying a pre loved epi petit noe

Hi everyone,
So after a lot of thought I've decided to purchase a pre loved petit noe. This will be my first Louis Vuitton bag.
Given that there are so many out there in the second hand market (I will most likely purchase on eBay from a Japanese store), I would love some advice regarding which colour to choose and which year/s I should be focusing my search on.
Regarding which colour, I tend to wear a lot of it! So I'm gravitating towards the red, green or the caramel colour.
And to those of you who have purchased a vintage epi petit noe, how old is your bag and how do you find the quality of the leather? The older bags from the 80's look like they have held their shape better then the more current ones (I think).
Sorry for the long post but I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks in advance :smile:

Reactions: Rachel965
Hi I just bought a red and black one from Japan - looks almost new! It is from 1995. I also have a large big Noe from 1990, which I have had for a while. Both are epi, which I love! The darker epi seems to hold particularly well - the light ones seems to have more stains near the bottom. I also love the suede material inside. Just make sure the lining is not too torn up or stained. That is a major deal breaker for me. I would concentrate more on 90's. I seem to see many very reasonably priced ones in good shape.

Hi I just bought a red and black one from Japan - looks almost new! It is from 1995. I also have a large big Noe from 1990, which I have had for a while. Both are epi, which I love! The darker epi seems to hold particularly well - the light ones seems to have more stains near the bottom. I also love the suede material inside. Just make sure the lining is not too torn up or stained. That is a major deal breaker for me. I would concentrate more on 90's. I seem to see many very reasonably priced ones in good shape.

Thanks EyeEyeLuLu, thanks for your reply.
I've pretty much come to the same conclusion as you ie stick to the 90's.
I'm now the proud owner of a cipango gold epi from 1997 and I also purchased it from a Japanese reseller. I can't believe how amazing the quality of the epi is for a 20 year old bag! And yes the suede lining was a surprise too and actually makes using the bag such a joy.
I hope you enjoy your red and black epi :smile:

Reactions: EyeEyeLuLu
Hi, I will be following this thead, I bought a vintage petit noé (epi - yellow) and I should be receiving it next week if the seller ships it tomorrow. I also bought mine from Japan. The prices are raisonnable, mine is from 97 if I remember well, and looks fantastic from the pictures, but I'll have to wait until I receive it to be sure of that.
this is the listing of the one I bought: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/142316012287?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT you can looks at the pictures and the price I paid to evaluate what would a good price be like. (this was a buy now offer, but I've see people get bags for very low prices while bidding.)

Hi, I will be following this thead, I bought a vintage petit noé (epi - yellow) and I should be receiving it next week if the seller ships it tomorrow. I also bought mine from Japan. The prices are raisonnable, mine is from 97 if I remember well, and looks fantastic from the pictures, but I'll have to wait until I receive it to be sure of that.
this is the listing of the one I bought: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/142316012287?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT you can looks at the pictures and the price I paid to evaluate what would a good price be like. (this was a buy now offer, but I've see people get bags for very low prices while bidding.)

Hi bleuburnsorange, I was also considering the yellow with the purple lining, it's such a fun colour combo. Hope you enjoy your bag!