Need help deciding on a new Gucci Boston bag...

Oct 24, 2006
Would you choose the dark brown "Hawaii exclusive" Joy with the dark brown patent trim (my SA says there are no problems with this one peeling so far and there should continue to be none), the beige canvas with medium brown trim, or the crystal GG with gold trim?
http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/fall-winter-08/handbags/#0-748671-193603FT0GG9774
Sorry, can't find pics of the other two. :sad: The problem is that I really love the beige canvas like on the defective gunmetal Joy that I had and I'm worried that the dark brown canvas is too dark (I wear a lot of black). I also already have enough brown bags but I really love this Boston shape and my choices are kind of limited. My gunmetal Joy was my go to bag and so I need a replacement badly. Do you think the dark brown "Hawaii exclusive" will grow on me? I think I like this one the best of the three but I'm not totally sure. I really want something that will be versatile but special, kwim? BTW, these boston bags are the best! I use it as a combo handbag/baby bag and it is totally perfect!

The dark choco Hawaii be seems to be the perfect choice. I saw this one last night too and kind of liked it...any thoughts? I just really miss my gunmetal Joy and wish they would make a non peeling batch! I :heart: that beige canvas...
http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/fall-winter-08/handbags/#0-748672-189895FCIXG8583
Oh and apparently there may be some stores in Asia and Europe with the "Hawaii" bag. For whatever reason it was mainly the continental US that decided not to carry this color. Well according to my SA anyway...I kind of grilled him on it, lol. I'm surprised because its so pretty and classy. There is a gold Boston that is a Hawaii exclusive too, but it looks kind of plasticy.

hey glamourgirl!! :smile: I see you're in a very tough spot right now. Well u know where my vote goes...:graucho: of course the Hawaii exclusive. But but but I also like the 2nd link that u posted...the one with the brown/olive/white degrade web. My sis has that bag and it's gorgeous IRL. Keep us posted...can't wait to see which one you'll get.

hey glamourgirl!! :smile: I see you're in a very tough spot right now. Well u know where my vote goes...:graucho: of course the Hawaii exclusive. But but but I also like the 2nd link that u posted...the one with the brown/olive/white degrade web. My sis has that bag and it's gorgeous IRL. Keep us posted...can't wait to see which one you'll get.

You two are so lucky...you can borrow each others bags! I bought my sister the Joy tote in gunmetal when I bought my gunmetal Boston. It was her very first "real" designer piece other than Coach. I'd borrow it from her on occasion but I'm just so much more of a Boston bag lover. :P Hopefully she'll start buying some pretty handbags so I can use them too!
I will definitely keep you all updated on what I decide....ugh, wish I could just get both! ;)