Need help deciding on a neutral Evelyne color

Aug 6, 2008
montana
So I originally wanted a gold Evelyne PM but I went in today and saw a bleu jean one and my SA said it would work as a great neutral. It was already on my wish list to pick up something in that color family as I wear a bunch of blue but am not sure it would function as a go to neutral for my collection. Thoughts?? I have to decide by tomorrow. Help! I'm so torn.

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
at the bottom of a cup of Jasmine Pearl
Blue Jean can be a good neutral. Looks great with black, white, browns, greens, and all blues. The only color I don't care for it with is pink.

That being said, I have an Etoupe Evelyne and think it's perfect! Goes with absolutely everything - even more than my gold Kelly.

AZPurseGirl

Mar 6, 2014
I have a blue jean Evelyne in GM size and I love it! The color is gorgeous and goes with a lot. Good luck with your decision!

Aug 6, 2008
montana
Blue Jean can be a good neutral. Looks great with black, white, browns, greens, and all blues. The only color I don't care for it with is pink.

That being said, I have an Etoupe Evelyne and think it's perfect! Goes with absolutely everything - even more than my gold Kelly.

After seeing the Etoupe reveals I have to say I am starting to agree that it may be more versatile than a gold.

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
Sep 7, 2010
Boston Strong!
I have to be honest here. I love (and I mean LOVE) H blues, but Blue Jean is far from my favorite H blue. I know it is one of the classic H colors, but it often looks a little "meh" to me. Apologies to all the Blue Jean lovers out there, I just think it lacks the vibrancy of some other H blues. Maybe that's why it can function as a neutral, depending on your taste and wardrobe palette. I think Etoupe is a better year-round neutral, but that's just my opinion.

I do have a blue Evelyne -- mine is blue sapphire, and it is close enough to navy to work as a neutral for me. If I get another Evie, it will probably be in etoupe.

Whether you prefer Etoupe to Gold or vice versa really depends on whether you want a warm neutral (gold) or a cool one (etoupe). HTH!

Kitty S.

Dec 21, 2012
I have a blue jean Evelyne in GM size and I love it! The color is gorgeous and goes with a lot. Good luck with your decision!

So glad to see this thread!
Can I ask if it's hard to keep your BJ Evie clean? I was really tempted to purchase one bc the contrast stitching, but I hesitated bc I had once seen a woman with a BJ Evie and hers was really best up! Since Evie is not a "stand-up" kind of bag, I wonder if I need to buy a darker color bc it would catch dirt more easily when left sitting/lying around. TIA.

Aug 6, 2008
montana
So glad to see this thread!
Can I ask if it's hard to keep your BJ Evie clean? I was really tempted to purchase one bc the contrast stitching, but I hesitated bc I had once seen a woman with a BJ Evie and hers was really best up! Since Evie is not a "stand-up" kind of bag, I wonder if I need to buy a darker color bc it would catch dirt more easily when left sitting/lying around. TIA.

I second that question. Do you have to baby that color?