Need help deciding new or pre loved

Arachne911

O.G.
Jul 12, 2009
I own 3 classic Speedy’s. I want to add an azur. I’ve tried to search I see all these post about quality. Last time I bought used from fashionfile I was disappointed it arrived smelling so bad of perfume or cleaning supplies I still can’t get the smell out but I’ve also had success buying a tivoli from there. So I guess I’m struggling with is the older speedy azur better than newer?

Honestly, I would buy new seeing as this is not an unattainable item. I really don't see a huge price difference between new and used LV, and if you buy new you're under warranty and registered. If you do go the used route (and I have, too, for certain items), I find the best way to rid the item of any odour is to open it completely (prop it open if you need to) and leave it in the middle of an airy room for 10-14 days so it can breathe, without subjecting it to direct sunlight.

Just curious why you didn't return your FP item? And usually on the description page they note odors.

I don't think it's worth it to buy azur used. The only way you'll save money is if it has patina and wear. If it's like new it will be close to retail.

Remember TPF is a small portion of the handbag buying population. So take the "quality issues" with a grain of salt. I would buy new for sure and I have lots of pre-loved LV. The only reason to buy pre-loved is to get a significant savings off retail, or get something that's discontinued.

Reactions: miniwatt
I ordered new! :smile:
Honestly, I would buy new seeing as this is not an unattainable item. I really don't see a huge price difference between new and used LV, and if you buy new you're under warranty and registered. If you do go the used route (and I have, too, for certain items), I find the best way to rid the item of any odour is to open it completely (prop it open if you need to) and leave it in the middle of an airy room for 10-14 days so it can breathe, without subjecting it to direct sunlight.

I ordered new! even did overnight shipping!!! Also thanks I do what you said about the perfume odor.

Reactions: miniwatt
Just curious why you didn't return your FP item? And usually on the description page they note odors.

I don't think it's worth it to buy azur used. The only way you'll save money is if it has patina and wear. If it's like new it will be close to retail.

I probably should have returned the item because the smell was so strong! I really wanted the bag. I regret not buying it new. There was several factors. I was planning an elopement. Covid. I was sick and couldn’t drive to UPS. I did really want the bag though.

After thinking about that today I ordered new!!!!! I mean it wasn’t a huge difference in money I just hate white vachetta lol. Now I’ll look for post on tanning it faster. Thanks for your response!

Reactions: JadaStormy