Need help deciding my first Damier Azur

I have both the Speedy and Neverfull and it really depends on what you want to use it for. I find myself reaching for my Speedy more for everyday use because I like handhelds more but for travel or if I need to stuff a lot of items then I use my Neverfull.

both great bags. like previous poster says, you need to think about how you want to use the bag. i will also throw out the speedy bandouliere as a contender since it can be carried so many ways. the handheld speedy is beautiful, but a straps really does come in handy when shopping or traveling. also, the speedy wins for secure closure because you can't beat i zipper for that. i will also mention one other bag that i carry a lot, the azur totally. sort of the best of both worlds, tote and purse. i like the mm in the totally. best of luck : )

So I've been wanting a DA. But im torn between NF (i love the new RB) & speedy. Ive never had any of the two. What are your pros & cons? Pls help me decide.

Hi I've looked at both and I am petite. I personally would not chose either....I'd go with a Delightful! Maybe give it a look?! Between your 2 choices I feel speedy is more of a purse and the other is more for maybe school, traveling, baby bag. Although both of these are classics and women use each of the for daily use! I agree with another post maybe a speedy B instead. Good luck deciding!

I have a Speedy 30 and a NF GM and they're both great bags; it would really depend on what you plan to use it for (your lifestyle) and whether you prefer top-held or shoulder.

Speedy:
Pros
-is a classic design that will never go out of style and is full of history
-the zipper keeps your things secure
-deceivingly spacious inside, even the 25 and 30

Cons
-unless you have a Speedy B you'll have to carry it by hand all the time, may be inconvenient depending on your lifestyle
-the little bugger can get heavy fast; remember, it's a bottomless pit and easy to fill up
-heavily counterfeited; this may or may not bother you

NF:
Pros
-classic tote that can expand or be cinched depending on your needs for the day
-can be worn on the shoulder leaving your hands free
-comes with a pochette that can be used to help organize your things
-perfect for travel, school, etc.

Cons
-it's an open top so your things are not as secure as they would be in a bag with a zipper
-those handles are thin and can dig into the shoulder if the bag gets heavy; easy to do since it's so large
-heavily counterfeited
-does have a history of issues although that is mostly confined to the DE print and Ikat line

I tend to grab my NF more but I think the Speedy b is a close second. I have the Speedy b in mono and am considering getting it in Azur....not that I need another bag. I usually cinch my NF when I'm out in a store and I like that I can fit a few files in there, if needed for work.