Need help deciding, keep or return?

summergirl1

Apr 2, 2013
I just got a silver boy WOC. I was told it's lamb skin. It is beautiful but feels so soft and delicate. I'm afraid it just won't hold up. And I'm concerned after reading some threads about metallic colors having peeling problems and corner wear. I can't decide if it's a keeper or if it needs to go back. I can't exchange because they don't have any other WOC or minis right now which is the size I am interested in. Does anyone else have one and how has yours held up? Any suggestions about the metallic?
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398982453.820798.jpg

I just got a silver boy WOC. I was told it's lamb skin. It is beautiful but feels so soft and delicate. I'm afraid it just won't hold up. And I'm concerned after reading some threads about metallic colors having peeling problems and corner wear. I can't decide if it's a keeper or if it needs to go back. I can't exchange because they don't have any other WOC or minis right now which is the size I am interested in. Does anyone else have one and how has yours held up? Any suggestions about the metallic?
View attachment 2600607

As this is a metallic WOC know that the bag will constantly be rubbing against your body, so you may see some issues sooner than you would in a bag that's carried on the shoulder. Chanel has a mixed past about metallics, and even this season the patent metallic boys have issues, so I don't know what to tell you on this one. If you can't handle the idea that the corners and possibly back will have wear on them, then maybe this isn't the one for you.

As this is a metallic WOC know that the bag will constantly be rubbing against your body, so you may see some issues sooner than you would in a bag that's carried on the shoulder. Chanel has a mixed past about metallics, and even this season the patent metallic boys have issues, so I don't know what to tell you on this one. If you can't handle the idea that the corners and possibly back will have wear on them, then maybe this isn't the one for you.

Thanks for the response Tutu, I'm not sure I can handle the thought of wear on it. I guess it depends on how quickly it will wear. I understand all leathers will eventually show wear but I'd like to get the longest use possible with correct care. It feels so different from the Dior lamb. I've already carried that and feel it's quite sturdy. If it wasn't so darn pretty that would sure help the decision!

I was about to buy one 2 weeks ago, however, when I started inspecting the bag I noticed that there was a noticeable scratch/mark on it. The scratch/mark was so deep that it took off the silver leather of the bag. The SA said that it just got there 1 day ago and not many people have handled it.

I was about to buy one 2 weeks ago, however, when I started inspecting the bag I noticed that there was a noticeable scratch/mark on it. The scratch/mark was so deep that it took off the silver leather of the bag. The SA said that it just got there 1 day ago and not many people have handled it.

Wow! Thanks for the reply Bobo. That's scary! For me $2100 is a lot to spend on a bag and I'd like to get years of use out of it. No marks are on mine so far but another poster said hers arrived with a scratch from the zipper.

I believe the metallic is very delicate. I originally planned to purchase the S14 Fuchsia patent/metallic boy WOC and decided not too after hearing about a lot of the issues. I think if you do keep it you will see wear fairly quickly sadly.

I have a metallic silver 12P mini. I scratched it accidentally n was able to get rid of the scratch with Collonil waterstop cream or leather gel. I can't remember which one i used because i have both. I did pretreat it with the Collonil waterstop spray and collonil waterstop cream and leather gel. I bought a bunch n thus i just used (tested) all of them for my pretreatment. I don't know if the pretreatment helped in making it easier to get rid of the scratch though.

I just received the black on black WOC. So, I wanted to respond to you. I understand what you mean about it feeling delicate.....But, I love the feel and look of it. It is smaller than I thought it would be, too.
But, I have to say I am in love. Since it is black metallic hopefully it won't be as noticeable if the metallic wears of.... I love the look of your gold. But, it may be too problematic for what you want.

I have a metallic silver 12P mini. I scratched it accidentally n was able to get rid of the scratch with Collonil waterstop cream or leather gel. I can't remember which one i used because i have both. I did pretreat it with the Collonil waterstop spray and collonil waterstop cream and leather gel. I bought a bunch n thus i just used (tested) all of them for my pretreatment. I don't know if the pretreatment helped in making it easier to get rid of the scratch though.

Good to know!

Thanks for the response Tutu, I'm not sure I can handle the thought of wear on it. I guess it depends on how quickly it will wear. I understand all leathers will eventually show wear but I'd like to get the longest use possible with correct care. It feels so different from the Dior lamb. I've already carried that and feel it's quite sturdy. If it wasn't so darn pretty that would sure help the decision!
It IS darn pretty :smile:)

Glad you could get rid of the scratch! I will have to look into finding that product. Good to know!

I just received the black on black WOC. So, I wanted to respond to you. I understand what you mean about it feeling delicate.....But, I love the feel and look of it. It is smaller than I thought it would be, too.
But, I have to say I am in love. Since it is black metallic hopefully it won't be as noticeable if the metallic wears of.... I love the look of your gold. But, it may be too problematic for what you want.

Thanks for letting me know about yours Greengoddess! I am so happy you love yours! Congrats! I think the black would be easier to care for too. So you felt it was smaller too? They are such beautiful bags but I'm really wondering if I should send it back and get another Dior.

Glad you could get rid of the scratch! I will have to look into finding that product. Good to know!

Another tpfer told me that Cadillac conditioner also helped to get rid of light scratches on her lambi. I just bought it today to test it out the next time my bags get a scratch. Scratches r inevitable, thus it's important to have leather care products on hand that can resolve them. :smile: