Need help deciding - frye boot advice

chinggay

Jun 12, 2009
This is my first time starting a new thread so bear with me :smile:

So here goes...

I'd love to keep the Lindsay's but I think the calf area is a tad big. What do you think? Lindsay or Melissa button?

TIA!

image-3895863272.jpg

I vote for Melissa! I have a pair and I love them so much. I like how Melissas have that "cleavage" in the middle, it gives you a different look than the Lindsays. HTH.

Here are some more comparison pics

image-1694495469.jpg

image-1730142431.jpg

image-3280013733.jpg

To me the Melissa is more casual than the lindsay. I work in an office environment and I feel like the lindsay is more appropriate (??), although I like that the Melissa fits my calves better (albeit still slightly loose) and has a narrower ankle area, so the shape looks nicer and it is not as long as the lindsay so it hits below the knee without looking too long on my shorter legs. :smile:

I like the color of the lindsay and the pointier toes but it is longer and I feel like it makes me look shorter hehe. Plus it has no shape although it might just be because it is new and the leather is still stiff and needs a little breaking in (??). Maybe once the ankle creases it will not look as boxy as it looks on me now (??) The Melissa in cognac is a lot softer.

Am I being so critical on just a pair of boots?

Sorry for the long post.. Thanks for your help! :smile:

I have that same cognac Melissa. I think its more versatile overall than Lindsey. It is also a sleeker look. I think you could wear both in the office, but the Lindsey might be dressy for hanging on the weekend running around. Really you should go with your gut cuz they are going to last you a long time:smile:

I have those Melissa's too so maybe I'm biased but I think they fit you better. The V cut in the front (as opposed to the straight edge on the Lindsay) gives it better shape and cuts across your leg better. In my experience it's more comfortable too because you don't have a tall boot edge hitting you on the back of the knee when you bend it.

NurseAnn said:
I have those Melissa's too so maybe I'm biased but I think they fit you better. The V cut in the front (as opposed to the straight edge on the Lindsay) gives it better shape and cuts across your leg better. In my experience it's more comfortable too because you don't have a tall boot edge hitting you on the back of the knee when you bend it.

Oh now tall boot edge hitting the back of the knee is a great point! Well if all 3 of us have the same Melissa in the same color and we don't even know each other irl I say Melissa wins:smile:

Yes, the edge hits the back of my knee when I bend.. I just tried it on again and I am now totally sold on the Melissa :smile: sending this Lindsay back. Yay! Really appreciate all of your opinions! :smile:

Oh now tall boot edge hitting the back of the knee is a great point! Well if all 3 of us have the same Melissa in the same color and we don't even know each other irl I say Melissa wins:smile:

All three of us having the same boots is pretty cool. But then again I've seen pics of your impressive Frye collection. I bet we have other pairs in common as well. :smile:

Ohh what others do you have? Im trying to narrow mine down a tad:smile: i was all about tall boots. Now I'm liking short kick. Ugh. I am also on the scout for a Jenna disc or Rogan studded for my daughter.

Hey!

I’m new here, so first off hello all!

I must say both those boots look awesome, both colours are fantastic. I’m presently in the market for my first pair of Fryes. I was looking at the Lindsay Plate, was the aesthetic aspect the only reason you went with the Melissa instead or did the Lindsay’s fit odd?

Sorry to bombard you with questions, I don’t have the opportunity to try the Lindsay’s on but found them for a great price online at $270. I've heard they fit large and should size down, but I’m typically an 8-8.5 in shoes/boots and even 9 in some boots so I really have no idea. Any guidance on Fryes, and specifically the Lindsay Plate would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi CHINGGAY!
I have exactly the same dilemma, only few years later :smile:
I love how these boots look on you, both of them, and my dilemma now is even bigger!
It is impossible for me to try the boots on before the purchase, so I was wondering if you could help me by telling me your height?
I am worried if Lindsay Plate would be too high for me as I can see the Melissa is a little bit shorter because of the "V" shape....
I am 5'3'' , around 120lbs and I have regular to thin calves, and most of my FRYE's are size 6.5.

Thank you!