Need help deciding (CF medium or CF rectangular mini)

which bag should I get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

terinicola

Oct 31, 2019
hi everyone i need your help!
I'm stuck, I really loved the grey that came out with the 20C for a classic flap but completely missed out on that.

I texted my SA and he had sent over pictures of some options.. so here is my dilemma that I'm now stuck in and I need some help deciding which one to get.
(The only chanel bags I have are a 19K so black reissue aged calfskin in a 225 and chanel business Affinity backpack calfskin in black). I do live in a state that gets 4 seasons so I like being able to wear my bag all season long.

Here i am.. i need your help deciding between:
  • Classic Flap rectangular mini, dark grey in lambskin
  • Classic flap medium, blue in caviar
The chanel rectangular mini is cheaper of course (not a huge deal but its definitely way cheaper than the classic flap due to the latest price increase).
BUT i don't have a blue bag yet in my handbag collection so the classic flap medium would be a perfect addition (I have a purple hermes picotin or else I would have jumped all over this seasons purple classic flap)

Its hard to tell from the photo but I think both are in gold or light champagne hardware (i still need to verify). I really do not want to have silver hardware, i never liked it on any of my bags
I don't really have a bag in either leathers, I know people mention about lambskin being harder to care for (but I don't mine). Caviar is a sturdier leather and I feel like the structure of the bag would hold up after years of use.

The thing is I'm trying to weigh all the factors like timelessness, wearability, color, price, hardware color and so on.

Thanks for helping me decide!

IMG_5751.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

IMG_6858.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

Honest Advice: Don't get these two and wait for what you really want instead. It sounds like you don't love either of them (size, leather or color combo). I've been seeing dif grey bags from Chanel lately so I'm sure they will release more in the near future. But if you must pick btwn these two, I would go with the dark grey lamb rec flap. I usually avoid lamb but darker color lamb is OK. Hope this help & good luck deciding!

Honest Advice: Don't get these two and wait for what you really want instead. It sounds like you don't love either of them (size, leather or color combo). I've been seeing dif grey bags from Chanel lately so I'm sure they will release more in the near future. But if you must pick btwn these two, I would go with the dark grey lamb rec flap. I usually avoid lamb but darker color lamb is OK. Hope this help & good luck deciding!

Soo I ended up truly taking your advice and not getting either. I kept asking if my SA had any other colors and I found a bag from the previous 19S collection that I absolutely LOVE everything about and didnt hesitate when purchasing.

Just goes to show you should never just settle on a purchase...

My new bag comes in next week!

Screenshot_20200627-214023_Gmail.jpg

Soo I ended up truly taking your advice and not getting either. I kept asking if my SA had any other colors and I found a bag from the previous 19S collection that I absolutely LOVE everything about and didnt hesitate when purchasing.

Just goes to show you should never just settle on a purchase...

My new bag comes in next week!

View attachment 4771504

Happy to hear that! Congrats and enjoy your new bag! That one is a lovely color. I own a flat card holder in that color myself :hbeat:

Reactions: terinicola