Need help deciding between two Aigner Hobo-Bags

poulinska

Aug 27, 2018
After this year's "I need a new bag that I can use every day" - journey ( I am a lazy one-bag-girl and my current Hobo is used up) I finally narrowed my needs down: I have to use a Hobo-Bag, because it is the only style that fits my lifestyle (when I am not working) and it should be black (or maybe oxblood). Since I am not tall and more on the tiny side, the bag should be big but not too big, so I found two bags at Aigner, that are perfect imo:
The classic Aigner Roma Hob Bag in black
aigner_98231_1.jpg

or in Oxblood:
a0103410_aigner_1.jpg

Or the Aigner Bahar Bag. At first I thought this is to much hardware for me, but IRL it puts a certain twist to an outfit.
a0103407_aigner_1.jpg

What are your thoughts? I would be happy about any comment!
Also I thought about the Coach Sutton Hobo but I didn't like the leather.
Thank you!!!

Satcheldoll

Oct 5, 2015
After this year's "I need a new bag that I can use every day" - journey ( I am a lazy one-bag-girl and my current Hobo is used up) I finally narrowed my needs down: I have to use a Hobo-Bag, because it is the only style that fits my lifestyle (when I am not working) and it should be black (or maybe oxblood). Since I am not tall and more on the tiny side, the bag should be big but not too big, so I found two bags at Aigner, that are perfect imo:
The classic Aigner Roma Hob Bag in black
aigner_98231_1.jpg

or in Oxblood:
a0103410_aigner_1.jpg

Or the Aigner Bahar Bag. At first I thought this is to much hardware for me, but IRL it puts a certain twist to an outfit.
a0103407_aigner_1.jpg

What are your thoughts? I would be happy about any comment!
Also I thought about the Coach Sutton Hobo but I didn't like the leather.
Thank you!!!
Out of the two plain ones I like the oxblood but also like the black with the chain. Do you think the chain will make a lot of noise? That could be a factor in your decision.

Reactions: poulinska

poulinska

Aug 27, 2018
Thank you for your replies! I don't think the Bahar will make noise with the chain, at least it didn't seem so in the shop.
I’ve been eyeing these two designs myself! I prefer Bahar with chain!
@Elena S that's funny! May I ask why you've been eyeing these two and why you prefer the Bahar? I was at Aigner today (again) and didn't really feel good with the plain one - although it really is a classic.

Elena S

Oct 4, 2018
@Elena S that's funny! May I ask why you've been eyeing these two and why you prefer the Bahar? I was at Aigner today (again) and didn't really feel good with the plain one - although it really is a classic.
Just was thinking about getting a hobo bag and these two caught my attention at Fashionette.com (in Sweden it's only possible to purchase Aigner bags online, so unfortunately I didn't see the bags in person. I like the Bahar more, because of the chain (a nice touch, like on Mulberry Leighton, and yet not tacky). But of course the other one doesn't look bad either. It all depends on what you're planning to style it with of course.

P.S. They have nice discounts on both bags at Fashionette now by the way :smile:

poulinska

Aug 27, 2018
Have you seen these in person? I’ve been drooling over a bag on their website but am unsure of the quality
Aigner is a well-known brand in Germany. They have been a granny-ish brand but also the bag your grandma would buy because it lasts a lifetime. Lately, they are trying to reach a younger crowd with lots of influencer marketing and design updates. Seeing both bags IRL I think the quality is better than coach for instance, smoother leather and good quality hardware. Most of the bags are with fabric-lining (not leather inside). I kind of got to them via longchamp. I am a Lonchamp-Lover but they don't do good Hobo Bags and I wanted a similar quality.
@jxwilliams: which bag are you drooling over?
@Elena S : the fashionette discount was what caught my attention, too. I decided to wait a couple of days and then try to decide :smile: I am not sure whether I will be happy with a non-longchamp bag. Which is kind of crazy, I know.

Reactions: jbags07

jxwilliams

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
Aigner is a well-known brand in Germany. They have been a granny-ish brand but also the bag your grandma would buy because it lasts a lifetime. Lately, they are trying to reach a younger crowd with lots of influencer marketing and design updates. Seeing both bags IRL I think the quality is better than coach for instance, smoother leather and good quality hardware. Most of the bags are with fabric-lining (not leather inside). I kind of got to them via longchamp. I am a Lonchamp-Lover but they don't do good Hobo Bags and I wanted a similar quality.
@jxwilliams: which bag are you drooling over?
@Elena S : the fashionette discount was what caught my attention, too. I decided to wait a couple of days and then try to decide :smile: I am not sure whether I will be happy with a non-longchamp bag. Which is kind of crazy, I know.

Thanks for the info on the company! The bag I’m loving is the irena hobo—similar to BV without the huge price tag!