Need help deciding between 3 bags!! (YSL med college bag, YSL medium envelope bag, LV My lockme BB)

YSL College Medium Bag, YSL Med Envelope bag, YSL Sunset

• Total voters
You can see up close that the leather has a texture to it which I think keeps it from scratching too easily versus if it was a actual super smooth leather. From far it looks like it‘s a smooth leather but up close you can see the texture it has to it.

I tried showing you the hardware up close and then compared to the overall bag. I guess it does count as shiny silver hardware but I don‘t mind it on this bag as the chain isn‘t super thick and chunky
You can see up close that the leather has a texture to it which I think keeps it from scratching too easily versus if it was a actual super smooth leather. From far it looks like it‘s a smooth leather but up close you can see the texture it has to it.

I tried showing you the hardware up close and then compared to the overall bag. I guess it does count as shiny silver hardware but I don‘t mind it on this bag as the chain isn‘t super thick and chunky

Omg it's so pretty! :biggrin: And from photos I totally thought it was smooth leather this whole time so I was worried about durability. I didnt realize it was textured!!!! Ah im leaning towards the sunset bag now haha Just waiting for stores to reopen so I can try it on! :smile: Thank you!

Reactions: julia.pa
I vote for College bag. I have tried the other two and decided on the Collage for my self. What I like about it is that it has a top handle and you can always put an extra strap to change it's look which you can't do with the other bags. I have had a lot of YSL Grain de Poudre leather in the past and it didn't seem to age nicely. The sunset bag is too boxy for my liking. College really has that cool vibes going on.

hands down the college bag, I have the medium in black w/ antiqued silver hardware, and it's super versatile, not to mention that it holds alot more than than I originally thought....my friend has the large college, and she's in love with it....she can fit all of her essentials plus a pair of ballerina flats :biggrin:

I would also recommend the college bag! It's super functional and can fit quite a lot. I think the chains on bags can get heavy in general but I have never felt this way about the college. I've had mine for about a year now too and I don't baby it at all so def a carefree bag.

D
Your bag is so beautiful. I love the slight texture to the bag whilst still looking like smooth leather. You should post these pictures in the YSL Sunset thread as well, i'm sure it will be helpful for others who are interested in the bag too. I think the Sunset will be my next purchase, just need to decide if i want the Gold or Silver hardware. :smile:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/show-me-your-saint-laurent-ysl-sunset-bag.1000108/
Does the sunset fit much? Like sunglasses or a thin waterbottle?

I have seen them somewhere with black hardware, I would have preferred that, but was too greedy and didn't want to wait

I vote for College bag. I have tried the other two and decided on the Collage for my self. What I like about it is that it has a top handle and you can always put an extra strap to change it's look which you can't do with the other bags. I have had a lot of YSL Grain de Poudre leather in the past and it didn't seem to age nicely. The sunset bag is too boxy for my liking. College really has that cool vibes going on.
Hi I know this is an old post but can you please explain what you mean by the YSL Grain de Poudre leather wearing badly?

I would also recommend the college bag! It's super functional and can fit quite a lot. I think the chains on bags can get heavy in general but I have never felt this way about the college. I've had mine for about a year now too and I don't baby it at all so def a carefree bag.
Is there a way to attach a different strap to it ? Like a leather one instead? The chain on the College seems so bulky .