Need help: considering mono Speedy B 35 - need input

misstrine85

Bagaholic
O.G.
Sep 11, 2008
Hi

I am thinking about saving up for a mono Speedy B 35 and would appreciate all your inputs. Especially from those of you who own a Speedy B in 30 or 35.

This will be my first large LV bag that I haven't bought preloved. I have a couple of SLGs that I've bought new and I love the quality and design.

I've decided to get the monogram since I find that the prettiest print for a Speedy.

I already have a mono Speedy 30, but don't use it very often because I am only able to carry it in the crook of my arm, plus it is a bit to small for my everyday needs (hence considering the size 35).

I am not worried about uneven vachetta, I find that it gives character to a bag.

About me: I live and work in the city and walk a lot around and use public transportation. I am often out to dinner and at the movies and sometimes to fashion events. I rarely stay out overnight as I live with my boyfriend. I lug around everything but the kitchen sink, as I need a lot of different stuff everyday for work.

I've been using a crossbody for the past half year and I like that. I also like the option of handheld if going somewhere fancy.

So, do you think it would be a bag for me? In my country you are not allowed to return, only exchange for store credit. I will of course try it on with all my stuff inside before buying, but would love input from owners of the bag.

Thank you :smile:

Hi! IMO, this is the perfect city bag! I have the Speedy B 35 in DE, I just took that to NYC for a short vacation and it was very handy to take around the city with me.

I did end up changing out the strap on mine for one of the thicker ones from Louis Vuitton, but I have some back problems.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend checking out Youtube to see some videos on what others think about this bag too!

Reactions: misstrine85
I just bought the bag you are considering and have used it fir a week straight. I bought it to use as a carry on bag (alternative to my never full) and to wear as a larger style shoulder bag. So far, I'm very happy with my choice. I found the 30 to small for travel but too big for everyday. The 35 is definitely bigger and I love the slouchy look of it. It has an 'oversized' look to it. I'm short but even worn crossbody it looks ok, more like a travel bag or gym bag style. I have my 25 size for a small cute crossbody look. Good luck!

I had the Speedy B 35 DE for a while and really loved it but found that I didn't need such a big bag and it overwhelmed me for just errands. If I needed it for what you do, I would have kept it for sure. It's a great bag! The vachetta strap will also soften up (I have a pre-loved speedy b 30 in monogram) which is really nice for cross body ;)

Just an update: yesterday I finally pulled the trigger and bought my Speedy 35.

I ended up wanting the damier ebene - like my pochette - and I found a gorgeous preloved [emoji173]️

She is made in France and in such a great condition for her age (from october 2013 - purchased in february 2014). That is what I love about LV, such a great quality. My pochette is 11,5 years old! My first piece from LV.

Today my mono Speedy 30 went home with my mother. She tried her on with the strap from her Eva, and it fit perfectly. We then bought her an organizer from Etsy. If she likes using the Speedy, she will buy a thicker, adjustable strap from LV. It makes me so happy that she was so happy to borrow it and that my beautiful bag will get used and loved [emoji173]️

Here is a pic of my new bag. I got a box, bag, dustbag and the reciept:

a3ea36e55b2a8d3c0e4922e7b67c75b2.jpg

Speedy 35 is my perfect size. I know lots of people on here prefer smaller, say 25 or 30. But I'm just SO fond of 35. I can't rave enough about it. I like my bags either a little too big or a little too small.

Since you already own the 30 and prefer a slightly bigger size, the 35 will work perfectly for you. Enjoy. I think DE is a good choice. :smile::smile::smile:

I had a 35b and it was fantastic for travelling with my two toddlers. That was the only useful situation for me though. I sold it as I found it too big-looking to carry hand-held and it was too spacious for use without my kids. 30b is perfect size for me but I ultimately ended up with a Coach backpack for my kids stuff.

The 35 is no bigger than other brands such as Mulberry Bays etc. If it suits your life, get it! Speedy is one of the most versatile bags imo.

Great Bag! Gratulations!!! Long waiting since your first post!

Yes, I had a lot of thoughts like if it would actually suit my needs as my classic Speedy didn’t (because of size and lack of strap).

And then the price held me back, so I started looking for a preloved in good condition, but most of them was either mostly classic 35 or B 25 or 30. People must want to keep their B 35 [emoji1]

Speedy 35 is my perfect size. I know lots of people on here prefer smaller, say 25 or 30. But I'm just SO fond of 35. I can't rave enough about it. I like my bags either a little too big or a little too small.

Since you already own the 30 and prefer a slightly bigger size, the 35 will work perfectly for you. Enjoy. I think DE is a good choice. :smile::smile::smile:

Thank you! :smile:

I am plus-size - though not that tall - so I don’t think it looks too big on me either.

I have given my mom my classic mono Speedy 30, and she is over the moon happy [emoji173]️

I had a 35b and it was fantastic for travelling with my two toddlers. That was the only useful situation for me though. I sold it as I found it too big-looking to carry hand-held and it was too spacious for use without my kids. 30b is perfect size for me but I ultimately ended up with a Coach backpack for my kids stuff.

The 35 is no bigger than other brands such as Mulberry Bays etc. If it suits your life, get it! Speedy is one of the most versatile bags imo.

I have a son who is 2,5 months so ehen we don’t need the diaperbag anymore, then I will need my Speedy to carry his stuff [emoji1]

I also have a Bayswater that I haven’t used in years because of weight and that it doesn’t havd a zipper.

And my Speedy 30 was too small for my needs, so I know that the 35 is the right size for me [emoji173]️

Nice. I'm looking to get one myself. What made you decide to go for preloved over retail...did you get a good bargain for it's condition?

I got it for 840 usd instead of 1300 usd (tranalated from danish kroner).

I wanted a preloved because of price, but also because I have heard a lot anout decreasing quality in the newer canvas bags. And also because I try to buy as much as possible second hand because of the environment.

Are you looking for a preloved as well? :smile:

I got it for 840 usd instead of 1300 usd (tranalated from danish kroner).

I wanted a preloved because of price, but also because I have heard a lot anout decreasing quality in the newer canvas bags. And also because I try to buy as much as possible second hand because of the environment.

Are you looking for a preloved as well? :smile:
Trying to decide between retail and preloved due to the price and quality as well and hoping to decide before they increase the price again next year...such a dilemma