Need help choosing!

?

Which would be better for a casual dresser?

1. Double pocket tote

2. Barrel bag

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OK, this is my first post, and I need some guidance. I have sold some of my older bags and want to get a new one. I am having a hard time choosing a bag. This has never happened to me before so I thought I would come to the experts! I am a mom of two pre teens, I wear jeans and t-shirts, hoodies, tennis shoes, etc. Very casual. I guess my biggest question is do you think the double pocket tote is too dressy for such a casual person? I have had a barrel bag before, so I know it functions for me, but I just can't decide between these two.....HELP!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance for the opinions. I wanted to add that I am looking at the olive color in both of these but could not find a pic of them both in the olive. So it would be the color of the tote that is shown for both bags. Thanks again! Mokey

ahh269_zi dooney tote.jpg ahh240_zi dooney barrel.jpg
  2. Out of the two, I voted for the double pocket tote since you mentioned you already had a barrel bag before. I think the double pocket tote will look good with casual or work clothing. HTH

3. Me 2

4. Do you think that even if I ran out in sweats it would look ok or would it look really dumb? I have some other bags, but usually carry one at a time. The only time I really change is if it raining or something like that. Thanks so much for all of the help. Mokey

5. OK, so I think the clear winner there was the Dooney tote bag. There is one other bag that I have been considering. If y'all could be so kind as to answer the same question, I would appreciate it. Do you think this is too dressy for a casual girl? It is the Coach Hampton signature medium carryall in the khaki and chestnut. Same questions as before, is it too dressy for jeans, hoodies, tees, sometimes sweats. When I say sweats I don't mean the Hanes ones, I mean more like a flare leg with hoodie type outfit. Thanks again for all of y'alls help! Mokey

coach hampton signature medium carryall.JPG
  6. You wouldn't look dumb at all--you'll look like a celeb in casual clothing, but with your cool casual bag on your arm. The second one just seems a little bit more for work or dinner out. The first bag could be used most of the time, including work, tho.( I'll bet you're one busy woman!):yes:

7. We posted at the same time, Mokey. The Coach pic is really small on my screen, but I like it. The Dooney might be a little more casual, but don't exclude the Coach. The interiors may function differently for you, also. which do you lean towards?

8. Thanks Boxermom! I am pretty busy. So you think that the Coach will look too dressy, but the Dooney tote won't? Thanks so much for the opinion. I appreciate it.

9. We posted at the same time again! I am leaning more towards the Dooney because it does have more pockets and I like the type of zipper on it more. But I love the Coach too. Plus I like that the Coach has silver on it instead of gold. I wear more silver than gold.

10. Boy, it's a pretty even choice. I can get hung up on silver v. gold, # of pockets, all kinds of things and have a hard time choosing. Can they both go over the shoulder? I'd think you would need that. Maybe someone will come along who has some more insight. I like them both. If the Dooney had silver, it would be a done deal, for me. Good luck deciding!

11. I don't carry bags on my shoulder so both of them will go on my arm. If the dooney had silver it would be a done deal for me too. I think I am leaning a little more that way too. BUT, I love the Coach too! Thanks again Boxermom, I appreciate it. I get so stuck on the little things that I am making this harder than it should be. I love the opinions though because it really helps me look at things in another way. Thanks, keep those opinions coming! Mokey

12. I am usually a Coach, LV, Gucci girl but I really like that Dooney. I know casual or dressed I would get more use of that over the Coach. If that Coach was in the brown pebbled leather only then would I go for that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice