Need help choosing what color parker hippie

krislynne

O.G.
Mar 19, 2009
For work I wear a lot of black and sometiemes khaki and brown pants and tops in a variety of colors and prints. I have a credit and have decided to use it on a parker hippie, but am having trouble choosing between black, mushroom, or graphite. I really want mushroom but am scared it won't go with dressy work outfits, especially black. I'm kind of picky about wearing brown and black together. I know mushroom is very neutral and not typical brown. Are graphite and black more dressy or classy than the mushroom? Would mushroom go okay with black outfits? Help!

I think the graphite is more dressy, the pearlized leather in that color is really stunning. The mushroom is beautiful, too, and it looks like it would go with a lot of colors, but for your wardrobe I think you'd be better off with the graphite. I think the graphite is also dressier than the black and would go with more non-black outfits as well. GL with whatever color you choose, and be sure to post pics when you get her.

I'm the same way about wearing black and brown together--I just won't do it (same for navy and black). If you wear a lot of black, it probably would be a good idea to go more towards the black or graphite Hippie, IMO, although the mushroom is very pretty. Personally, I always think black bags look more dressy and classy, and I'm ok owning pretty much only black bags, but a lot of people want more color. I'd vote for black or graphite for you though, based on what you are saying.

I definitely recommend the graphite! I have it and the color is so nice, It really does "go with" everything! It's not a true gray like you'd think it would be, mine actually looks very warm and brownish gray, especially in the sunlight. I wear mostly black, but it would wear very nice with brown. I also think it would be dressier than the mushroom since it does have the pearlized leather. I was unsure of the burgundy lining color when I first saw it, but it is very nice for fall. I like the mushroom, but I think it looks kind of "flat" compared to the graphite. Good luck! The hippie is such a great bag no matter what color you decide.

My vote for you would be black or graphite....black bags are so classic but if you want a bit of color then graphite....
I love hippies...I have the smaller versions though:smile:

You'll be glad you got it!

I definitely recommend the graphite! I have it and the color is so nice, It really does "go with" everything! It's not a true gray like you'd think it would be, mine actually looks very warm and brownish gray, especially in the sunlight. I wear mostly black, but it would wear very nice with brown. I also think it would be dressier than the mushroom since it does have the pearlized leather. I was unsure of the burgundy lining color when I first saw it, but it is very nice for fall. I like the mushroom, but I think it looks kind of "flat" compared to the graphite. Good luck! The hippie is such a great bag no matter what color you decide.

Yeah, I was noticing that mine looked kind of brownish in certain lighting.

I don't know how you can choose just one. I love this bag style and am seriously contemplating a black one on top of the cinnamon & graphite I already have.

I have the graphite and it goes with pretty much everything. I don't mix black and brown either, but this gray looks good with both!

BTW, I found some mary jane style skechers that were sort of a graphite color on Zappos. When I got them and put them up against the bag, I noticed a bluish tint to the hippie.