Need help choosing what color parker hippie

krislynne

O.G.
Mar 19, 2009
For work I wear a lot of black and sometiemes khaki and brown pants and tops in a variety of colors and prints. I have a credit and have decided to use it on a parker hippie, but am having trouble choosing between black, mushroom, or graphite. I really want mushroom but am scared it won't go with dressy work outfits, especially black. I'm kind of picky about wearing brown and black together. I know mushroom is very neutral and not typical brown. Are graphite and black more dressy or classy than the mushroom? Would mushroom go okay with black outfits? Help!

toby11

O.G.
Feb 23, 2009
Dallas
I think the graphite is more dressy, the pearlized leather in that color is really stunning. The mushroom is beautiful, too, and it looks like it would go with a lot of colors, but for your wardrobe I think you'd be better off with the graphite. I think the graphite is also dressier than the black and would go with more non-black outfits as well. GL with whatever color you choose, and be sure to post pics when you get her.

Brooke11

polisher
Apr 13, 2008
east coast
caracita.blogspot.com
I'm the same way about wearing black and brown together--I just won't do it (same for navy and black). If you wear a lot of black, it probably would be a good idea to go more towards the black or graphite Hippie, IMO, although the mushroom is very pretty. Personally, I always think black bags look more dressy and classy, and I'm ok owning pretty much only black bags, but a lot of people want more color. I'd vote for black or graphite for you though, based on what you are saying.

1NutMeg

Engaged! 11/13/2009
Dec 25, 2008
Ohio
I definitely recommend the graphite! I have it and the color is so nice, It really does "go with" everything! It's not a true gray like you'd think it would be, mine actually looks very warm and brownish gray, especially in the sunlight. I wear mostly black, but it would wear very nice with brown. I also think it would be dressier than the mushroom since it does have the pearlized leather. I was unsure of the burgundy lining color when I first saw it, but it is very nice for fall. I like the mushroom, but I think it looks kind of "flat" compared to the graphite. Good luck! The hippie is such a great bag no matter what color you decide.

Cate14

I Need More Cowbell
O.G.
Jan 26, 2008
Another vote for graphite (p.s. the hippie is such a great bag!).

klj

Jul 27, 2009
Portland, OR.
My vote for you would be black or graphite....black bags are so classic but if you want a bit of color then graphite....
I love hippies...I have the smaller versions though:smile:

You'll be glad you got it!

QueenLouis

O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
Near Chicago
I definitely recommend the graphite! I have it and the color is so nice, It really does "go with" everything! It's not a true gray like you'd think it would be, mine actually looks very warm and brownish gray, especially in the sunlight. I wear mostly black, but it would wear very nice with brown. I also think it would be dressier than the mushroom since it does have the pearlized leather. I was unsure of the burgundy lining color when I first saw it, but it is very nice for fall. I like the mushroom, but I think it looks kind of "flat" compared to the graphite. Good luck! The hippie is such a great bag no matter what color you decide.
Yeah, I was noticing that mine looked kind of brownish in certain lighting.

I don't know how you can choose just one. I love this bag style and am seriously contemplating a black one on top of the cinnamon & graphite I already have.

buttercup784eve

No wire hangers!
May 13, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I have the graphite and it goes with pretty much everything. I don't mix black and brown either, but this gray looks good with both!

BTW, I found some mary jane style skechers that were sort of a graphite color on Zappos. When I got them and put them up against the bag, I noticed a bluish tint to the hippie.

bagzrox

May 17, 2009
I love mushroom personally but from your description, I would say graphite. It sounds like you would enjoy it more. HTH :smile: