need help choosing the right louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

elleLrich

Feb 2, 2009
i dont know whether to buy a 25 or 30 speedy this is my first louis, normally a coach girl i decided to explore. i see most celebrities with the cutest louis'and want one but cant figure which ones for me. i know i want to start withe the basic mono speedy but what size should get???? i want one for everyday use. help please.. send pics or whatever you think would help.

Hi elleLrich,
The mono is a fantastic choice for your first LV!
I had the same dilemma when purchasing my Azur speedy. I ended up choosing the 30 based on advice from friends & fellow TPF'ers, and I'm glad I listened.
Plus, there's not much of a price difference between the two, which is nice.

Here is a thread you can look through for speedy size referencing: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-clubhouse/the-speedy-modeling-club-show-us-272654.html

I think the best way for you to decide is to go into the boutique & carry both to see which one:
a) looks best on your person (i.e. some might think the 30 is too big/looks like luggage & others might think the 25 is too small, almost like a lunchbox)
b) suits your needs better
c) holds your everyday items better (i.e. the more you put in your speedy, the more it might sag, which changes the shape/look of it).
d) keep in mind that the mono has vachetta leather which will patina over time/use.
If you don't mind building your own patina, go for the mono. If it's a concern, you might want to consider the damier or mini lin.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Last edited:
Welcome to the Purse Forum!

Please do a search as there are lots of threads on this that you can read and post in. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.