need help choosing the right louis

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i dont know whether to buy a 25 or 30 speedy this is my first louis, normally a coach girl i decided to explore. i see most celebrities with the cutest louis'and want one but cant figure which ones for me. i know i want to start withe the basic mono speedy but what size should get???? i want one for everyday use. help please.. send pics or whatever you think would help.

2. #2 Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
    Hi elleLrich,
    The mono is a fantastic choice for your first LV!
    I had the same dilemma when purchasing my Azur speedy. I ended up choosing the 30 based on advice from friends & fellow TPF'ers, and I'm glad I listened.
    Plus, there's not much of a price difference between the two, which is nice.

Here is a thread you can look through for speedy size referencing: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-clubhouse/the-speedy-modeling-club-show-us-272654.html

I think the best way for you to decide is to go into the boutique & carry both to see which one:
    a) looks best on your person (i.e. some might think the 30 is too big/looks like luggage & others might think the 25 is too small, almost like a lunchbox)
    b) suits your needs better
    c) holds your everyday items better (i.e. the more you put in your speedy, the more it might sag, which changes the shape/look of it).
    d) keep in mind that the mono has vachetta leather which will patina over time/use.
    If you don't mind building your own patina, go for the mono. If it's a concern, you might want to consider the damier or mini lin.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

3. Welcome to the Purse Forum!

Please do a search as there are lots of threads on this that you can read and post in. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.