Need help choosing engagement ring stone

The smaller 1 carat has got a better hca score but should I got with the 1.2? Although not sure if size is noticeable? Any diamond experts out there that could help?
It depends what is your priority. The difference in size is so small, a fraction of a millimeter. I would pick the 1 carat, as a HCA score of 1.2 is significantly better--very sparkly! The brilliance in a diamond actually makes it appear larger to the naked eye than a diamond with a lot of leakage.

Reactions: Bunnie.863
HCA is an elimination tool. Are there any actual pictures & aset/idealscope images or can you see in person? I would definitely not choose the 1st one and would not buy the 2nd without more info.

Don't know if you ever made a choice here, but if I were in your place, I would drop color down a notch or two to F and get a bigger stone. If you go look at *reliably* graded stones (GIA or AGS) most likely you are not going to see much face up difference in color, especially in a well cut stone. A poorly cut stone (like number 1) would show more color than a well cut one because the well cut stone is doing its job of reflecting light back to you, unlike a poorly cut one.

The second one has somewhat better angles than the first one (the first is a NO!) but the 40.4 pavilion could be tricky with the 35.5 crown angle making a slightly top heavy stone which *might* have slight obstruction issues, but probably not. You'd need an aset image of it.

Here is some good, concise video for some basic diamond dieas..short and sweet.
cut quality and its effect on body color:

color: