Need help, Chanel logo questions, Vintage Chanel XL Jumbo Flap.

bensonang

Feb 14, 2010
I have a friend selling a Vintage Chanel XL Jumbo Flap bag and I want to make sure it's authentic.

When was this bag released? When was it pulled out from the market? I know it was revived in 2009 as the Chanel Maxi bag but I dont know anything about the vintage.

As for the little engraving on the Chanel Logo, what does it say? Where should it be located? I noticed that the one she sells is on the upper right corner and most pictures I see on the net is on the upper left.

The little Chanel sticker is missing, the box, certificate, and dust bag is lost probably due to age. I'm guessing the bag is probably a little more than 10 years old.

Could anyone please clarify? Any help would be very well appreciated.

It is priced at about USD2,000 so I would also like to make sure if it is a good deal? How much does a brand new Chanel Maxi Jumbo Flap cost right now?

Attachments

burberryprncess

Sophie ^o^
O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
Outer Space
It was released several times in the 80s and 90s, but without the hologram sticker, I cannot pinpoint to the approx. year of this specific bag.

The little engraving on the CC turnlock is the gold plate hallmark. Majority are located on the upper left C while some are located on the upper right.

Depending on the year, I would say it was approximately retailed around $1400ish back then.

As for authenticity, you will need to post this on the Authenticate This Chanel thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/authenticate-this-chanel-548557.html

bensonang

Feb 14, 2010
Thanks, that's a load off my mind. How about its "history"? Do you have any idea When was this bag released and when was it pulled out from the market? Thanks.